Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare TDM Bug - Player appears in wrong team skin

[apologies for long post, wanted to give as much info as possible]

So I was playing TDM today online. Team sizes were between 5v5 and 8v8 as it was a 16 slot server. I was on this server for few maps before the map changed to DM-RisingSun.

I was just playing as normal and I was on the red team. I started getting shot by what looked like a teammate as they were in an all-red skin. At first I dismissed this as some 'noob' on my team that didn't realise it was TDM and was just shooting at anything which moved, but then I took damage and they killed me....

So a few minutes later I'm playing as normal still, thinking I must be going slightly nuts or that I just made a mistake and somebody else killed me whilst this person that looked like a teammate was firing at me. He then killed me again, so I checked the scoreboard and sure enough, according to the scoreboard he was on the blue team, even though to me he was appearing in a red skin, same as my teammates. All other players on the blue team were appearing in blue skins on my screen, as expected.

As this point, I said in chat "Hey [playername], you're appearing as red for me ingame even though you're on blue". At first he must have thought I was joking, but I assured him that this was the case and he seemed totally oblivious to the fact that he was appearing in the wrong colour to me. I'm pretty certain from his reaction that he wasn't using some kind of intentional hack/exploit in order to appear in a red skin. I also noticed at this time, nobody else on my team was seeing him as red. A few of my teammates confirmed that they were seeing this guy in a blue skin as normal.

I carried on playing a few minutes more and he killed me a 3rd time. We were in a small room with nobody else around so I am 100% certain that it was the person I could see onscreen (in a red skin) which killed me. I noticed this time, that unlike my actual teammates that appear in red skins and have their names visible above their heads when up close, this person (who was actually on blue) was appearing in a red skin but with no name above their head.

I then reconnected to this server and everything was back to normal and the player which I was seeing in the wrong colour skin before was now back to normal in blue.

Note: I am not using the beta patch.

Just posting this to make people aware of it as it's a pretty nasty bug, albeit probably very rare as I only had it this once in about 4 hours of TDM play today and I've not heard of anyone else having this problem.

If this happens to you, you're not going insane, it just seems to be a rare TDM bug.

Even though this is rare, hopefully it can be tracked down so that it can be fixed in a patch. If you have this problem, please post about it so that we can gain as much information about it as possible.

Thanks

I've never seen this, but thank you for posting it. Maybe a moderator can move this to the Tech/Troubleshooting forums.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585988

I posted this bug a few days ago in tech/troubleshooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia y Vega View Post
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585988

I posted this bug a few days ago in tech/troubleshooting.
        Thanks for posting Good to know I'm not the only one at least!

I didn't realise there was a troubleshooting section, I will post in there next time.

Comment

I never saw it, either Garcia. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
            I never saw it, either Garcia. Thanks!
            You don't THINK you ever saw it haha.

The ultimate camouflage

Comment

Do you know if he had switched teams at all? The skin might not have changed over due to lag or something.

Although unrelated, especially in 4 team TDM/CTF4 in UT99, when you switched teams sometimes it would give a player the wrong colour skin, and they would appear to everyone as being on a different team.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_wq View Post
                Do you know if he had switched teams at all? The skin might not have changed over due to lag or something.
                I didn't notice him manually changing team on that map, but I probably wouldn't have done as it was a bit hectic!

Comment

Working...
                X