Single-player - Choosing sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single-player - Choosing sides?

Is there a way to pick which side I'm on in instant action mode? I'd like to start with the necris vehicles on the maps that have them, but even when I choose necris, it puts me on the red side.

Also, while on the subject of SP issues, is there a way to set number of opponents to map defaults, rather than a set number that's too much for some maps, and not enough for others?

Oh, and lastly, it'd be nice if the map cycle would have a random shuffle checkbox. If I try to choose a different map than the first one, which I get sick of starting with every time, it clears the cycle, and just repeats that one map.

There's a Switch Teams button, is there not?

Comment

Not that I've noticed, where is it?

Comment

Esc->Game->Change Teams

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
          Esc->Game->Change Teams
          That's the one. Thanks.

Comment

Doh, just booted it up to make sure, but yeah, there it is. Much more minor issue, but still, odd that I can't start as blue. Or am I missing something there, also?

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
              Doh, just booted it up to make sure, but yeah, there it is. Much more minor issue, but still, odd that I can't start as blue. Or am I missing something there, also?
              I posted this before. But it didn't get much attention.

Goto: \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\
              Open: UTGame.ini
              Find (Ctrl-F): Team=
              Change: Team=255 to Team=1

(1=Blue 2=Red)
              Code:
              team=1

Comment

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. I may be an idiot when it comes to noticing obvious in-game menus, but I'm pretty familiar with the config files and notepad

Now back to wondering why the ini files are so full of all the options we're used to from UT2004, yet hardly any of it made it into the UI. A UI which isn't only lacking in function, but kinda looks like ****, too. Isn't the UI way easier to design than just about anything else in the game?

Comment

Working...
                X