X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I beat the single player...[SPOILER]

Cliff hanger.

There better be an expansion pack.

Yeah, 'cause it was such a deep and engrossing story.

Comment

the campaign just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
        Yeah, 'cause it was such a deep and engrossing story.
        this one gave me lulz

Comment

We've seen and played the Unreal. Now bring back the Tournament.

Comment

I don't know, I liked the variety of the campaign, but it still just felt...basically like the ladders of the old games...and the justifications for why the "battles" felt like CTF matches were just a little bit over the top...Field Lattice Generators? LOL. Come on...doesn't this betray the whole "Tournament" back story established so far?

Suddenly, it's not a "game" spectacle, but CTF is actually trying to disable to enemies respawners. Warfare almost fit in okay. DM/TDM, okay, they fit in OKAY, but a battle in the context of how DM/TDM plays.

On the other hand the CUTSCENES: PRIMO...Good stuff...
            I DO like how they implemented the card system and often put you at a disadvantage when starting a match.

You know what I wanted though from the single player? Just a FEW levels where I was on an honest to God battlefield using the Unreal weapons I've spent the last 8 years learning and loving, and using them in a real "war" scenerio level...The opening Cinematic...I wanted to PLAY in that opening cinematic. Help to save the colony, protect people, do all that. In essense, they gave us some kick *** cinematics wrapped around a bunch of instant action matches.

Still, I would have bought the game with NO single player campaign whatsoever, so it's not really an honest to God complaint...I was just hoping for more.

And yes, expansion please...only so we can get Malcom (and hopefully XAN) models to use...

Comment

Originally posted by Aldaron07 View Post
              We've seen and played the Unreal. Now bring back the Tournament.
              THAT WAS NOT UNREAL

Comment

Actually, bring back Unreal I say. My life will always be missing something fundamental until Unreal 3 is decently made.

Comment

Matches aside, I think the story was well done. If you took the time to listen to what Reaper or the other characters say between matches, and watch the cinematics, there's a decent plot to be had. Doesn't take much thought to see how well it weaves into the Unreal universe.

Comment

Forget UT singleplayer - just give us a NEW UNREAL + Multiplayer (from Epic).

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                      Actually, bring back Unreal I say. My life will always be missing something fundamental until Unreal 3 is decently made.
                      I'd like an honest to god Unreal 1-ish campaign...could be REALLY short, just a couple of hours of gameplay and lead that into a slightly more enhanced version of the UT2004 single player ladder system...just put a little more love into the drafting/injury system, buying and trading the players and the whole challenge piece.

In my opinion, the UT2004 single player ladder could have been incredibly cool had they spent some time fleshing it out rather than just making all the cool concepts text boxes.

They could do so much just within the context of a single player ladder. Set it up like a real clan ladder, challenge your way up while the computer plays out other matches in the background...

Do it "season" based like a sports game...start a 30 match season in any or all game types...have divisions...have a playoff system and have a Tournament Championship.

Throw some shorter cinematics in here or there sprinkled throughout a ladder or open ended tourney. That's really what I'd like to see is something open ended that you could play more than once.

Comment

I'm all for Unreal 3 (with interesting, new gameplay mechanics, a decent story, co-op) with a multiplayer component that plays like UT

Comment

Originally posted by xeonshock View Post
                          I'm all for Unreal 3 (with interesting, new gameplay mechanics, a decent story, co-op) with a multiplayer component that plays like UT
                          Yes, sort of like Quake 4
                          Exactly what you wrote is my hotest gaming fantasy.
                          Sadly never happening thoug. Think about it from a buisness perspective.
                          **** you buisness perspective!

Comment

I would've rathered an Unreal 3 seperate from Unreal Tournament. UT3 lacks so much in the whole "Tournament" and Multiplayer aspect that I wish they just cancelled the Single Player Campaign for this. They could've used that time bringing back Domination, or adding Assault. Or that other mode where one guy is really strong and everyone else has to target him.. or her. Sure the cutscenes were good looking. But other than that...

Comment

I personally didn't mind the story itself too much, excluding how they portrayed malcolm in the story, which didn't sit right with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X