Corruption vCTF... bizarre vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corruption vCTF... bizarre vehicles

Playing corruption and noticed the blue team has these bizarre vehicles... is this a function of the map or a settings in my game? Also, what does secondary fire in the dark walker do?

Not sure what you mean at the beginning, but the alt-fire of the darkwalker blows anyone below you away and makes them fall over (similar to when you get hit on the hoverboard).

Comment

Secondary Fire (taken from the manual): Integrated compressor units along the underside of the vehicle releases a battle cry. It's a concussive blast released by the horns that impairs the senses and paralyzes anyone caught below the walker, leaving them vulnerable to fire from the secondary turret or the crushing forces of the crouching darkwalker itself.

basically when you see guys come at you and they get under the legs or in the dead zone where you can't fire the primary, hit the secondary and the roar the darkwalker does will knock them down, then you can hit 2 and gun them down, you can see if you can now hit them with the primary weapon or you can just crush them. Seems to knock guys off the viper bikes too and maybe other vehicles. I haven't entirely tested it on everything as the scavenger is a little more fun to me.

Comment

Yes, I've found the Darkwalker alt-fire is very effective against Mantas and Vipers. It has a long reload delay, so be sure they're right under you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies all... what I meant is that red team on the "corruption" map gets the standard vehicles while the blue team gets the darkwalker, viper, etc. Is this a because of the map or because of the way the blue team is configured?

Comment

it's the map

Comment

There is a race called the necris. If you notice on corruption that the necris has sent their infection tubes from the portals near blue. Essentially the blue half of the map has been conquered by the necris, therefore blue has the very alien necris vehicles. Red team is the axon and are trying to stop the necris. So blue always has necris vechs, it is the way the map was made.

Comment

yep, some maps are set up for Axon (red) vs Necris (blue) battles, if you wanna know more - finish the campaign.

Comment

Working...
                X