This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PvP

okie, i have played MANY PvP shooter games and think that UT3 has some annoying flaws in it's system. first of all, too many jumpers! you should have some energy bar that limits your jumping. second of all, you should balance some gun during PvP, like the rocket launcher/flak cannon.... they usually blow you up b4 you see an enemy.... 3rd of all, make it so you can just press c once and you stay crouched.... if your sniping and want to be crouched it is MEGA pain to hold C the whole time.... or better yet, add prone-ness to the game! press c once to crouch, then c again to go prone, then C if u wanna switch back to crouch or space to stand fully up. 4th of all, increase sniper bullet speed during PvP.... otherwise UT3 kinda lacks diverse PvP types; sniping, artillery car-blower-upper, machine gunner, etc.

I seriously, seriously hope this is a joke.

I honestly do.

UT3 isnt a PvP game.. Its UT.

Comment

wow, thanks. if i really cared that much i would be offended. just to let you know, most newbs would be severely PO'd and leave the forums. or they could explode in anger and be hated by other players

and besides.... if UT3 isn't a PvP game, it sucks MEGA HARD. take a look at the plot line, bozo.... you can easily beat it in one day. then whats to do?

Comment

Are we talking about team fortress / Call of duty here or Unreal tournament 3? O_o

Comment

How do I buy more weapons? Al I get is this crappy sideways pistol and some kind of jackhammer. Did I accidentally choose the 'miner' class? How do I choose 'squad support' class?

Comment

yeah let's add a stamina metre so after running for 10 seconds, your stamina is empty and you have to stand still for 20 seconds for it to recharge

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
              How do I buy more weapons? Al I get is this crappy sideways pistol and some kind of jackhammer. Did I accidentally choose the 'miner' class? How do I choose 'squad support' class?
              This post is full of win

Comment

[quote]energy bar that limits your jumping??? o_0?/[quote]
                you you serious?

If you are thinking of playing UT3 like your so called PvP shooters you will get seriously pawn3d.

Comment

Yeah FPS are about fighting other players. PvP is a limp MMO term. and mmos are a waste of time grind with no end game or no good end game, but to raid with 19 or 39 other people or just forced grouping. FPS players eat mmorpg PvP players alive. A good example where actual speed conquers "powers" is CoH/V PvP and even WoW. Neither take any skill, the latter can be won by a noob who has the best items and that's not skill and that info can be found on the WoW forums, there's always flame wars about that. In a FPS it takes REAL hand/eye skill to win. All you need in a mmorpg to win is an IGE account or some rare items to give you pretend skill.

Comment

Wow. ive been playing Unreal Tournament forever and Im surprised to see that someone here doesnt know anything about it. ITS CALLED AN INSTRUCTION BOOKLET!!! YOu should have looked at it

Comment

Originally posted by t34chr View Post
                      then whats to do?
                      i have always loved UT because I can play and play and plan and plan and it never ends.. I play bots, what do you do when you finish half life??? go online?? screw that, allot of people that play UT do not go online and I can have heaps of fun just playing bots and the fun will NEVER end... I didn't even want single player..

Comment

Originally posted by t34chr View Post
                        okie, i have played MANY PvP shooter games and think that UT3 has some annoying flaws in it's system. first of all, too many jumpers! you should have some energy bar that limits your jumping. second of all, you should balance some gun during PvP, like the rocket launcher/flak cannon.... they usually blow you up b4 you see an enemy.... 3rd of all, make it so you can just press c once and you stay crouched.... if your sniping and want to be crouched it is MEGA pain to hold C the whole time.... or better yet, add prone-ness to the game! press c once to crouch, then c again to go prone, then C if u wanna switch back to crouch or space to stand fully up. 4th of all, increase sniper bullet speed during PvP.... otherwise UT3 kinda lacks diverse PvP types; sniping, artillery car-blower-upper, machine gunner, etc.
                        Ok first of all there are many sub genres to first person shooters. It sounds like all the ones you've played are more tactical or realistic war games. Also PvP? That's a term you won't see used in any FPS unless it's an MMOFPS. It's just called multi-player.
                        UNREAL!! Unreal Tournament is a run'n'gun FPS, your always as accurate if your underwater, falling, whatever. Weapons are balanced actually also, but not perfectly balanced.
                        Unreal may have flaws but making it more like Battle Field 2 is never ever a solution.
                        This is supposed to be a ridiculous fast paced kill on sight game. You need to always be moving, no laying down or sneaking up on guys so you can get a knife kill here.
                        Please go tell people what you think of the Quake series.

Comment

i just laughed myself out of my chair at this thread. Seems like the stat grinder kiddies who are bored with battlefield and COD are coming to UT looking for the next stat grind. Prone in a UT series that's classic.

Comment

He probably wanted a raid party to take out a Darkwalker and then roll on the U damage, and some dwarven crafted jump boots.

Comment

Originally posted by pixl View Post
                              yeah let's add a stamina metre so after running for 10 seconds, your stamina is empty and you have to stand still for 20 seconds for it to recharge
                              in what part of my post did i say we should do that? you can go the current speed they have it at no matter what, but say you have 10 bars of stamina, everytime you jump it takes away 2.... god, can u read?

Comment

Working...
                              X