Botmaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
    You can edit the bots. Just get ready to start a botmatch (don't start it) and click on the bots button at the bottom of the screen. You SHOULD be able to change the names, skills, skin class, etc on there. UT99 had the same functionality.
    I'll try that when I get off work. I hope you're right.

Comment

You can edit the bots. Just get ready to start a botmatch (don't start it) and click on the bots button at the bottom of the screen. You SHOULD be able to change the names, skills, skin class, etc on there. UT99 had the same functionality.
      Yes, like so many things in UT3... xxx should work ... but things don't.

Epic released an unfinished game which they now try to patch to bring it at least to a respectable level. Needing the community to fix up so many things in your game ought to embarrasse any developer. What is it with Epic/UT?!?

1. UT99 -> great
      2. UT2k3 -> not so great
      3. UT2k4 -> great
      4. UT3 -> not so great
      5. UT3.5? -> great?

So, let's hope the trend continues and they release an improved version (UT3.5?)

Comment

I'm sure that Epic will add all the features from past UT's is the upcoming patch.

Comment

All that unfortunately-located button does is allow you to choose which bots are "active," like if you want a few particular bots in your game. You can edit nothing about them, you can't even set up what team they are on.

You can get them on a particular team if you order your list in a certain way, but you have to figure it out on your own, and if you want to change it, you pretty much have to start the list over.

Originally posted by xFirexIcex View Post
          I'm sure that Epic will add all the features from past UT's is the upcoming patch.
          The upcoming patch does nothing with this. I hope they will add this stuff in in later patches, but I really can't be as sure as you seem to be that anything is certain.

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
            The upcoming patch does nothing with this. I hope they will add this stuff in in later patches, but I really can't be as sure as you seem to be that anything is certain.
            I'm not saying that this will happen for sure. But in a later patch I think that they will add some of the old features

Comment

All that unfortunately-located button does is allow you to choose which bots are "active," like if you want a few particular bots in your game. You can edit nothing about them, you can't even set up what team they are on.
              I tried it and you are right. Requested feature for future patch.

Comment

Originally posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
                Jafo made an app for UT2k4 which could do this. In another forum I asked him to do the same for UT3. He said he was thinking about it.
                It's not just thinking anymore ... I am about to run a few basic tests.
                The real problem is that changing voices isn't as easy as it used to be
                In fact I'm even tempted to say that it is impossible for Othello to have another voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnthetika View Post
                  Yeah I agree too this was a great feature in the original UT. I used to spend a lot of time customizing them. I really miss naming them, setting all their abilities/skill up and all that. That's probably why I am still playing the original UT more than UT3, aside from some other features.
                  Same here. Ireally miss naming them too. I used to have my own named team and enemy team. I don`t get it. They give us great graphics, but less personal options...

Comment

Originally posted by Socratatus View Post
                    Same here. Ireally miss naming them too. I used to have my own named team and enemy team. I don`t get it. They give us great graphics, but less personal options...
                    They justify most of their cuts with "oh, if the community wants it, they'll make it themselves," but these kinds of things are on the basic level. It should be integrated into the UI from the start.

Comment

I have an entire .upl of bots I made out of team skin packs in ut2k4. I named them, gave them their team designations, sometimes even gave them custom species types I made. I use a 'no team skins' mutator (I set up the teams to have similar skins from the same pack so I can recognize them without having gaudy red and blue) and run around with Ballistic Weapons. It's a blast, and I hope to do similar things in UT3, but they've taken away our options.
                      Where the heck did you get a "No Team Skins" mutator for UT3?
                      I have been looking all over.
                      Can you supply me a link?

Comment

Working...
                      X