Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Botmaker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Botmaker

    I think it would have been awesome if they had set it up so you can create bots in the same manner that you set up your own character, give them names, adjust their attributes, and write it all to an .ini so you can load them up and throw them on one team or the other. This is the kind of thing I would have expected, and that would have, IMO, made the game really shine. Sadly, bot features have been all but gutted. You can't even choose teams (unless you want to go to the trouble of staggering the active list in a particular manner).

    Would something like this be too much to hope for in an update?

    #2
    +1. Should be considered for the 2nd patch, I hope. like you said it would really make the game shine.

    Comment


      #3
      I agree on this. Customizing bots and which teams they are on was a cool feature in earlier UT's. I surely hope they(Epic) will bring it back in a patch or update.

      Comment


        #4
        Jafo made an app for UT2k4 which could do this. In another forum I asked him to do the same for UT3. He said he was thinking about it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
          Jafo made an app for UT2k4 which could do this. In another forum I asked him to do the same for UT3. He said he was thinking about it.
          Well, yeah, I could do it externally with a text editor if I wanted to (that's what I did in 2k4), I'm just saying it would be really nice to have it integrated into the UI by default.

          Comment


            #6
            Watch this site for a new UT3 version
            http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by MasterB View Post
              Watch this site for a new UT3 version
              http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/
              You can bet I will be. If Epic doesn't pick up the pieces they dropped, I'm hoping mapmixer will.

              Comment


                #8
                Yeah I agree too this was a great feature in the original UT. I used to spend a lot of time customizing them. I really miss naming them, setting all their abilities/skill up and all that. That's probably why I am still playing the original UT more than UT3, aside from some other features.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Sinnthetika View Post
                  Yeah I agree too this was a great feature in the original UT. I used to spend a lot of time customizing them. I really miss naming them, setting all their abilities/skill up and all that. That's probably why I am still playing the original UT more than UT3, aside from some other features.
                  I have an entire .upl of bots I made out of team skin packs in ut2k4. I named them, gave them their team designations, sometimes even gave them custom species types I made. I use a 'no team skins' mutator (I set up the teams to have similar skins from the same pack so I can recognize them without having gaudy red and blue) and run around with Ballistic Weapons. It's a blast, and I hope to do similar things in UT3, but they've taken away our options.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I hope so too. I never named them in UT2004 but I loved setting up certain models to be more lethal than others. I remember cranking the Smith models abilities up to max and when people who played on my server saw him, they knew they were in for a tough fight.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Sinnthetika View Post
                      I hope so too. I never named them in UT2004 but I loved setting up certain models to be more lethal than others. I remember cranking the Smith models abilities up to max and when people who played on my server saw him, they knew they were in for a tough fight.
                      Yes that is awesome. I used a more simple and pragmatic scheme. I simply named them '<Weapon> <accuracy> <aggresiveness> <agility> <tactics>'

                      Example:
                      'Sn 100 75 30 70' would be a camping sniper
                      'Ro 50 100 70 70' would be a rocket launcher suicide commando

                      Comment


                        #12
                        +1 Agreed!!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                          Watch this site for a new UT3 version
                          http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/
                          I just checked the website and... wow... I mean WOW!
                          This mutator is rediculously good! It's unbelievably good!! It's UNREAL!!!

                          Please, please, pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top MAKE THIS MUTATOR FOR UT3!!! Am willing to donate a kidney

                          Did I already say WOOOOOOOW?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
                            I just checked the website and... wow... I mean WOW!
                            This mutator is rediculously good! It's unbelievably good!! It's UNREAL!!!

                            Please, please, pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top MAKE THIS MUTATOR FOR UT3!!! Am willing to donate a kidney

                            Did I already say WOOOOOOOW?
                            You better believe it !! This is the best utility I've ever seen for any of the UT games. If he pulls it off for UT3, then Epic should consider hiring this guy and making this Mapmixer utility a standard feature in UT3, such as part of a patch or Bonus pack.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You can edit the bots. Just get ready to start a botmatch (don't start it) and click on the bots button at the bottom of the screen. You SHOULD be able to change the names, skills, skin class, etc on there. UT99 had the same functionality.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X