Clear All

• replied
    Update your Unreal Tournament 3 shortcut target :
    "F:\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -onethread

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaRuXeLo View Post
    Hi,

I reactivated HT in bios, because, Windows XP and many games supports it.
    I'm now using the UT3.exe option "-onethread" to get the same result.
    How do i use the -onethread option?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
    We really should focus more on how good the game itself is instead of constantly complaining about all the mostly little stuff that Epic will fix eventually anyway.
    Slippery slope.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Socratatus View Post
    Yea, I`ve noticed this. say anything bad about UT3, like point out the stuff they didn`t add and its deletion or closed thread. I know its not a democracy, but it`s really unfair, like propaganda.
    First off: I, too, have had posts deleted. For me, I'm fairly puzzled as to why in some cases because the posts were not "bad" or containing anything I would think Epic would object to. Maybe they contained too much truth ... who knows? At any rate, although I don't agree with the banning and deleting, I do understand it. Epic is first and foremost a business. All the complaining, however much anybody may believe it is warranted, is bad for the game; which is in turn bad for business. More to the point, I think, is that it is bad for us gamers. It is literally stopping people from picking this game up at the store; which means, of course, less people playing it online. It's a shame. The game itself is awesome, and Epic will fix many of the issues we have with it, if given the time. We really should focus more on how good the game itself is instead of constantly complaining about all the mostly little stuff that Epic will fix eventually anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Socratatus View Post
    Yea, I`ve noticed this. say anything bad about UT3, like point out the stuff they didn`t add and its deletion or closed thread. I know its not a democracy, but it`s really unfair, like propaganda.

This is a truizum

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
    dont say anything bad, u might get banned just like 2/3 of the members here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
    Getting banned merely means you have to create a new account anyway, so it's an exercise in futility.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    I don't really see the point of HT, a processor already delegates cycles to different applications on the fly, why split up 1 physical processor into 2 logical once thus forcing the processor to jump between applications at an pre-set cycle? Just seems backwards.
    The idea is that most of the time, any one thread will only be using a fraction of the CPU's available resources, e.g. if a thread is doing nothing but integer operations, there is theoretically room for another thread doing only floating-point to run at the same time, making more efficient use of the CPU. In practice it actually hurts performance except in a few specialized cases, but I think that's more of a problem with Intel's particular implementation, not the concept of it per se.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I reactivated HT in bios, because, Windows XP and many games supports it.
    I'm now using the UT3.exe option "-onethread" to get the same result.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmmm. I am going to disable hyper threading now to see what kind of boost I get.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't really see the point of HT, a processor already delegates cycles to different applications on the fly, why split up 1 physical processor into 2 logical once thus forcing the processor to jump between applications at an pre-set cycle? Just seems backwards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is by no means 'bad'. It's very true.

It should be the other way around. But HT doesnt really do all that much.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Hyper Threading optimizations ?

Hyper Threading optimizations ?

Hi,

currently I have to disable HT in bios to increase performance by +10% ... it should be the other way...
Working...
X