Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken from other post from the titan boards. I had problems with ut and this total worked it out.

Originally posted by ]-LEONIDAS-[
    Try:

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

and change "bInitializeShadersOnDemand=" to true.

I had a similar Kernel problem in the demo and it has been solved like this. GL :]
    if you go search on this fourm and type in tweaks or UTEngine.ini stuff you might find stuff that will help..

I love the game but needs fixing. Dont lose hope everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Borbarad View Post
      There have been to many of those **** threads, which is probably the reason it was deleted.

I have to agree with a lot of you. Epic did ship an unfinished game. If the mod community disbands for this game, which is likely to happen because of the frustration then the entire community will go along with it. Epic better get their act together or they will lose a large portion of their fanbase. The fact that they had a patch done over Thanksgiving break, is comforting.
      Agreed, but I would say the patch was done BEFORE the game was released due to the demo feedback. I'm glad I was part of that and did my share of complaining. But thats over...Epic will do a good job with patches.

They ate turkey, and were not prgramming.

Comment

I can understand, they will get back to work on Monday, just wish someone would make an official post.

Comment

I just really can't believe they thought releasing on a holiday would help sales. Though I'm english and don't really know the customs, I doubt there's much gift-giving, and I doubt the great populace is going to spend their time on the computer instead of with family (/watching american football).

Comment

I'm glad I have football to watch while I wait for a fix.

Comment

I got the game a bit earlier through a friend that works at EB but I was just at Best Buy since "Black Friday" (I hate that saying) with another friends that wanted a copy of UT3 after playing mine here, and it was sold out and Crysis was still sitting there on the shelves. We went to several other stores looking for it since my friend really wanted it, and it was sold out at like 9 major stores in the Chicago area. So if that was Epic's intention, to have people grab it for gifts the day after Thanksgiving - they won.

Anyway, I've also played every Unreal game since the first one (Unreal) and while I don't have problems with UT3 (other than multi-player) and I never had a single issue with ANY of Epics other releases or Legends (think it was them) U2 or even the XMP release that was online only, it really surprises me that people are having problems, and it sucks I can't play online at all and no it's not my ports and I don't have a router blah blah. Epic has always had an excellent if not the best track record over any other developers games I've played. When other games were f_ing up, I often would think about Epic's flawless record and excellent support and wish these other developers had the same work ethic. Then the UT3 Demo Beta came out and for the first time Epic didn't reply to anything the community said. Next Gears of War for the pc arrived and I saw all the problems people were having and no response from Epic, or not even them conveying anything over to the community that maybe People Can Fly were doing to fix things. Now the same with UT3, not a word. They share (I think, but might be wrong) information with sites like BeyondUnreal or PlanetUnreal about a beta patch, but it would have been nice to see something official posted here by Epic since that patch info was obviously released everywhere but at the heart of where it should have been posted (the official forums.) I understand it's the holidays but that beta patch info came out before that and I wonder why they didn't post anything here to ease our minds?

Aside from all this I still have faith in Epic. This game is great and was well worth the wait. It does bother me some people are having problems or can't even play and I don't know what else to say about that. I really hope tomorrow we get a reply about all this.

Comment

no errors no crash since german release. good jop epic x).

Comment

Originally posted by The Anonymous Mr P View Post
                  I just really can't believe they thought releasing on a holiday would help sales. Though I'm english and don't really know the customs, I doubt there's much gift-giving, and I doubt the great populace is going to spend their time on the computer instead of with family (/watching american football).
                  It really is a sound marketing strategy here for a company do their best to get a product out before this weekend. The Friday after Thanksgiving is the largest shopping day of the entire year and is known as "Black Friday" (google that phrase, you'll be surprised) with this weekend all together the biggest sales event. It's hard to imagine how insane it is unless you are here to see it. People line up at stores in the early AM for some of the killer deals. LOL

One consequence of this: UT was lucky in that it ended up being advertised in BestBuy's newspaper circular for this week. That's pretty big free advertising.

Comment

They are working on the issues and will continue to work on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X