This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there no hope for some of us?

For the many that are enjoying the game they bought with their hard earned cash, there are many of us who are not as fortunate.

If you just take a look over at the Troubleshooting & Technology forums you will see that many of are still unable to play the game.

Furthermore, there has been an uncomfortable silence from Epic regarding the many problems players are facing. The beta patch seems to only address matters that take place in game, not even mentioning any of the many .exe errors players are receiving.

It would be a little more comforting to know Epic was working on resolving these issues, but so far they have yet to at least let us know they have acknowledge the fact that some of us are unable to play the game.

I have been playing games from Midway and Epic Games since the first Unreal, and I never had any problems with their games running, so I don't really know their track record it terms of offering support to the fans.

Until Epic makes a post telling us we can relax and that a fix is on the way; it's nice to see so many players coming together to try and figure a fix to the many problems we are encountering.

I understand the frustration. Gears of War PC is broken and many people are angry on those boards as well. I had to download a beta graphics driver just to get UT3 passed the splash screen. I'm not happy about using a beta driver, but I have no choice if I want to play UT3, something I spent 50 bucks on. Keep at it.

Comment

I'm not as upset that the game is not even starting up as I am at the silence there is on the forums. It's not hard to say, "Hey you, go make a post on the epic forums letting the players know we are working on a fix!" it takes less than 5 minutes to make a post.

I can understand games having hiccups on release, but I can't understand why epic has yet to acknowledge that so many of us are having problems.

Comment

I think a lot ppl when they make the choice of over clocking will end up this way
        sad but true
        I'm not happy about using a beta driver ,yup i would have too say the same

Comment

At least you can get the game to start, or even get it to install.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifflyman View Post
            For the many that are enjoying the game they bought with their hard earned cash, there are many of us who are not as fortunate.

If you just take a look over at the Troubleshooting & Technology forums you will see that many of are still unable to play the game.

Furthermore, there has been an uncomfortable silence from Epic regarding the many problems players are facing. The beta patch seems to only address matters that take place in game, not even mentioning any of the many .exe errors players are receiving.

It would be a little more comforting to know Epic was working on resolving these issues, but so far they have yet to at least let us know they have acknowledge the fact that some of us are unable to play the game.

I have been playing games from Midway and Epic Games since the first Unreal, and I never had any problems with their games running, so I don't really know their track record it terms of offering support to the fans.

Until Epic makes a post telling us we can relax and that a fix is on the way; it's nice to see so many players coming together to try and figure a fix to the many problems we are encountering.
            Why not be patient? It is unreasonable to expect that bug fixes would be released already. The game has been out less than a week--over the Thanksgiving holiday, mind you--and it will most likely not be fixed in the next day or two. On the other hand, it should be pretty exciting that a patch is already in beta that will address many game play problems; that indicates a good degree of intent on Epic's part to satisfy community needs.

As for the silence on the forums, why be surprised? There's been so much wining and complaining, it doesn't make sense for Epic to announce anything too early. If they don't come through it will just stimulate more complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifflyman View Post
              Wrong, just plain wrong!

There a good example of giving out good patch support.
              If you have been in it since the old days of UT99 you would have known that.

I find that hard to beleive, your not credible at all...

That being said there needs some serious patching to be done.

Comment

yeah this is bs at least epic can give us a heads up when is new patch coming out.something i cant believe why would epic release a game in still Beta Phase? seriously wtf is up with that? there stuped they are losing people every day i rather if they would have delayed it till december they give us a game with so many ****en bugs its just stuped

Comment

I too am part of the Thirty Quid Frisbee group. The same problem as Grifflyman, we lack the ability to even get in-game. There's 'Sorry for the release day bugs, we know it's inconveniencing' and then there's 'Thanks for your cash, wait in line'. And, because some of us act in more calm, less aggressive (not to mention rude) manners, we're less likely to be heard, never mind the obscurity and rarity of the flaw's effect on the likelyhood of fixing. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I believe the fact this bug doesn't throw up any errors will lead to beauracratic denial. 'Why fix something when it may not be our fault?'

I too haven't had any trouble with the Unreal series in the past, but after the uber-shafting Ubisoft gave with Splinter Cell: Double Agent on the PC, you'll forgive me for not expecting a quick response. While I appreciate some errors take longer than others to resolve, I've seen not even an attempt at diagnosing the problem, let alone fix it (except from we, the playerbase, of course). Again coupled with the rarity of this issue (relatively speaking) and no error message to identify it (and the widespread reasoning for it), one does have to wonder, "When's it our turn?"

I do hope, and probably believe, that Epic couldn't have got this far without good customer service/support. And I hope this issue will be resolved soon, by them or otherwise. But at one point did it become the player's responsibility to fix the issue? Identifying the problem, sure, they can't 'do a Valve' and bring everyone to them, but until they provide some assurance that they're looking into the problem, or even cooperation with those suffering from it, we're well and truly ****ed. We can't even get into the bloody game, for christ's sakes. It's 8 gigs of electronic jelly.

Besides, which 'tard's idea was it to release a game on a national holiday?

Comment

i would glady take a refund for this over rushed peace of sh*t

Comment

This is ridiculous EPIC. I just had a very civil thread that I had made, criticizing UT3 and you deleted it. This is insane. The TC'er is right. I've supported you all these years and this is the thanks i get. This topic will be lucky if it's not deleted as well.

Comment

There have been to many of those **** threads, which is probably the reason it was deleted.

I have to agree with a lot of you. Epic did ship an unfinished game. If the mod community disbands for this game, which is likely to happen because of the frustration then the entire community will go along with it. Epic better get their act together or they will lose a large portion of their fanbase. The fact that they had a patch done over Thanksgiving break, is comforting.

Comment

EPIC is making it VERY hard to support them right now. At least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon View Post
                            I think a lot ppl when they make the choice of over clocking will end up this way
                            sad but true
                            I'm not happy about using a beta driver ,yup i would have too say the same
                            why or how did overclocking get in this thread?
                            and what did you mean by "end up this way"?

i've got my cpu o/c'ed from 2000 to 2500, and my vidcard o/c'ed 5%, and i'm having no problems?

what the heck did you mean by that? :-)
                            CD

Comment

All I'm asking for is a post to confirm they are working on a fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X