No announcement yet.

Happy as hell with UT3 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, good. Let's hope their financiers feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      Allow me to clarify. I'm not against constructive criticism or opening dialogues. This guy doesn't have anything to say.
      Ive had plenty to say in other threads, but as you asked here are a few things i dont like about UT3. I know there are plenty of people that like this game, and will totaly disagree with me which is fair enough.
      Unreal tournament was always a progressive game, but it seems unoriginal now.

Im sorry for being negative, but UT meant alot to me and i was hoping that UT3 was going to bring the community together. They made the game between ut99 and ut2kx style, I would have liked the option for both rather than just a mix of both.
      But yes its a new game for which i am starting to see but i cant help not liking it.

Stupid browser
      slow
      cant see who is on what server.

Poor options.
      Now it seems you need to change the inis to set the mouse smoothing, and mouse accel. Contrast and cross hair options are low, as are video settings.

Non imaginative gameplay (same old, non original, same as).
      Renaming an old game type really made me laugh.

Now the community is split 3 ways.

poor environment lighting.

Game is made for kills rather than killls n skills.

Boring to spectate.

Failure on the game developers for not trying to keep ut2k4 players happy.

Failure for not recognizing all the popular mods in ut99 and ut2k4 and not bringing them to ut3.

Dont like the way files are spread about after install.

Flack spread is too wide.

Stinger is way too powerful.

Impact hammer feels slugish, and its meant to stop vehicles.

THAT CONSOLE FEEL !!!

Its ok i will get my coat now.

Comment

Bye bye. The community made ut99 and 2k3/4 into what they became, and they were in a worse state then UT3, so you'll be back when the patches, mods and muts are made.

Comment

too mug missing features to "love" the game

Comment

Originally posted by m!ni View Post
            Ive had plenty to say in other threads, but as you asked here are a few things i dont like about UT3.
            I didn't ask!

I agree there are some issues, but I don't agree with everything you said. However, I do agree that this has been hashed out enough.

Comment

Originally posted by m!ni View Post
              Ive had plenty to say in other threads, but as you asked here are a few things i dont like about UT3. I know there are plenty of people that like this game, and will totaly disagree with me which is fair enough.
              Unreal tournament was always a progressive game, but it seems unoriginal now.

Im sorry for being negative, but UT meant alot to me and i was hoping that UT3 was going to bring the community together. They made the game between ut99 and ut2kx style, I would have liked the option for both rather than just a mix of both.
              But yes its a new game for which i am starting to see but i cant help not liking it.

Stupid browser
              slow
              cant see who is on what server.

Poor options.
              Now it seems you need to change the inis to set the mouse smoothing, and mouse accel. Contrast and cross hair options are low, as are video settings.

Non imaginative gameplay (same old, non original, same as).
              Renaming an old game type really made me laugh.

Now the community is split 3 ways.

poor environment lighting.

Game is made for kills rather than killls n skills.

Boring to spectate.

Failure on the game developers for not trying to keep ut2k4 players happy.

Failure for not recognizing all the popular mods in ut99 and ut2k4 and not bringing them to ut3.

Dont like the way files are spread about after install.

Flack spread is too wide.

Stinger is way too powerful.

Impact hammer feels slugish, and its meant to stop vehicles.

THAT CONSOLE FEEL !!!

Its ok i will get my coat now.
              Wow..where to start.

First off, the browser and the options can be fixed through either a patch, or people in the UT community. Hardly a reason to return a game because of that.

How do you expect the gameplay to feel like? It's UT..I for one am glad the movement isn't that different. It's easier to jump right in and play, as opposed to learning all over again.

How has the community split, explain.

For some weapons it's harder to kill; therefore, it does require skill. The shock weapon is harder to use for one. And others have a different feel to it.

Have you tried spectating a 1v1 matchup? If you have ever played duel, it's almost worth waiting your turn. Those 1v1 matchups can become fun to watch.

Epic was trying to appeal to both 99 and 04 fans. Sorry they weren't biased towards your side.

No argument there, they should have brought over invasion rpg, and instagib CTF, but it's not the end of the world, the mod community can fix that problem. And I guarantee you they will.

No comment
              No comment
              No comment

Umm..maybe that's just for you. I for one own with the Impact Hammer, one of the best in your face weapons. It just takes time to master it...oh wait add that to the list of weapons that require skill.

Comment

UT3 is a compromise between UT and UT2k4 - sacrifices were made to reach both audiences. The only consolization is really in the UI design now, and that is being addressed for the PC as we speak. So yeah, the OP has little ground to stand on, ironically.

Comment

Working...
                X