Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody get better performance with the Beta patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody get better performance with the Beta patch?

hmmmmmmmmmm?

Did you get a better performance, ajdude??^^

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by crazyiak
        It fixed a few things that were bugging me, but introduced a few others.
        Thats why they call it a beta.

Comment

everything they release is a beta apparently....that **** is annoying. just fix the ****ing thing already.

Comment

it plays better for me smoother, FOV does not work, still have some glitchy maps in war.

Comment

After just looking through the recent forum posts, I have a question...

Have any of crazyiak's 50+ posts been about anything other than how good UT2k4 was, how bad UT3 is and how much more intelligent he is?

What a child bummer he is.

Back on topic... Just downloading the patch now to see how it plays. I think the update to the in game server browser will be good. I'd also like to see a crosshair size/type option introduced too.

Other than that, brilliant game... Possibly lacking an extra few maps for the DM and CTF though...

Comment

Originally posted by Omnicron View Post
                Have any of crazyiak's 50+ posts been about anything other than how good UT2k4 was, how bad UT3 is and how much more intelligent he is?

I've noticed. He has little constructive to add to feedback discussions. Everyone here would agree that UT3 could be improved, but people that are convinced that UTK4 is oh so much better and don't want to constructively discuss how UT3 could be improved should go hang out on the UTK4 forums and praise it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike888 View Post
                  everything they release is a beta apparently....that **** is annoying. just fix the ****ing thing already.

Gotta agree w/ya mate. They freakin' release a game in pretty much a BETA TESTING state and then try and patch it with BETA PATCHES. Niiiice work Epic.

Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnicron View Post
                    After just looking through the recent forum posts, I have a question...

+1 lol Omnicron

Comment

Back on topic, and I haven't tried the patch yet.

Comment

I haven't either. It runs fine for me, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll wait for the official patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedediah View Post
                          Gotta agree w/ya mate. They freakin' release a game in pretty much a BETA TESTING state and then try and patch it with BETA PATCHES. Niiiice work Epic.

Pretty much sums it up.
                          I gotta say, this has been the only game in the unreal series that I regretted buying. I have crysis and cod4, sure that's got something to do with my disappointment, but really, why are so many pieces missing in ut3?
                          Did they change their motto to
                          "We'll release the game when Midway pressures us because the holiday season is approaching" not "when it's done"

Comment

i've no first hand experience, but considering there is no mention of any optimizations in the changelog, i'd expect no change in performance.

Comment

not for me NO, it was causing low frame rates for a second when i spawned, some i went to full version patch 163 i think it is and now thats not so bad.. so the beta was worse for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X