Link Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Gun

The new linking system is terrible. Epic said they wanted to make it easier, but I've seen so many players try and link me the old way. No one gets close enough to link and it also makes it difficult to link and move at the same time. Only times there is a link is when someone is standing still and linking a node and I go near them. I hope a patch can change the linking system back to how it used to be.

Agreed 100%, put it back to the old system the visual illustration of everything about this one is absolutely ridiculously and I've no idea how it made it into the game. Who in their right mind would've approved to show a connection with such a thin line, without any HUD. This must've been rushed into the game in last few days? (or even hours ffs)

Comment

It's not the visual indication I'm worrying about (your crosshair turns yellow, wow!). It's the way it links. You have to be right next to someone for it to link. This means if you want to link you can't move apart from forward (or everyone dodges in the same direction at the same time ) if you don't want to break the link or even link for that matter.

Comment

Ya I really don't understand what Epic thought when they changed this. Were they using drugs?!?

The ancient system clearly needs to come back or else make the thin yellow thing much much much more bigger and put a way bigger range.

While talking about the link gun... the secondary "Beam" is way too short to be effective at medium range... and at close range you'll get ripped appart if the enemy have rocket or flak.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. It seems very difficult to land any kills with my "green shaft" these days.

The old linking system allowed for many to string along, so you can link around corners and from far away. I thought it was much more strategic. Also with the old system, if someone didn't know how to link, it was ok, you could link to them. Now, you can't get a newbie to stand still so you can get in close.

I'm hoping for a mutator.

Comment

[img=http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/273/crossedbm5.th.jpg]

Comment

er, woops, double post

Comment

all they need to do is increase the distance that you have to be next to a team mate.. this new way of linking as WAY better, that way everyone is:
                • shooting same (or other targets)
                • not dependent of the linked players ammo
                • combination on primary and secondary fire from linked players
                • shooting a target rather then just pointing ur gun at a team mate dodging fire ( wow the skill amazes me "NOT")
                • THE NEW WAY,AS ABOVE, IS MUCH BETTER, just needs to work from greater distance

Comment

is the link beam bent in the full version?? i thought that straitened it for the demo because not one liked it bent.. if it is that actually makes it harder to aim.. and It wasn't needed ti be bent in the first place as its obvious when you hit some1 now

Comment

Yea i havent tried the link gun, but can someone explain to me how its used besides fixing nodes or bases...?

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                      all they need to do is increase the distance that you have to be next to a team mate.. this new way of linking as WAY better, that way everyone is:
                      • shooting a target rather then just pointing ur gun at a team mate dodging fire ( wow the skill amazes me "NOT")
                      • THE NEW WAY,AS ABOVE, IS MUCH BETTER, just needs to work from greater distance

+1. In TDM, the previous method was useless. This method at least shows promise, but I agree it should be a larger radius.

Comment

Is linking and charging a node out in UT3? Or do i have to get really close to the person i'm linking to?

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                          Or they could just allow both methods and tweak the side-by-side link distance

Comment

Originally posted by 12345 View Post
                            Is linking and charging a node out in UT3? Or do i have to get really close to the person i'm linking to?
                            Linking up in a line is out. You don't have to stand next to another person, only do it if you want the increased power. Unlike the previous link guns, you do not have to use ammo to get the link benefit. Two people can "link" while firing at two separate targets.

Comment

Working...
                            X