sixes and eights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sixes and eights

Does anyone else think its hard to tell the difference between "6" and "8" on the UT3 HUD font?

Many a time ive confused the scores check this screen shot

[shot]http://www.adies.net/images/ut3-6-8.jpg[/shot]

and btw id love to be able to set my character to this little robot

Im enjoying UT3 its a top game, cant wait for the first patch though

It's not just me then, when I am on 6x HP, I always think I'm on 8x until I look really hard, it's just enough one of those small but highly annoying things plaguing UT3 at the moment.

Comment

look at the clock nine is almost as bad

Comment

So it is, maybe the font needs a bit of a rejig, or the ability to change it anyway for people who are easily confused :P

Comment

I sense a little sarcasm but I am sticking to my guns.
          6 is to similar to 8 on the all important team score HUD element.

Comment

You sense incorrectly (Uber bump btw :P) I have lost count of the times I have misread my HP because of the HUD, that said, I often ignore it now anyway, unless if i'm really low on HP

Comment

Yeah it's a poor design choice. You're mind misreads it.

Comment

They should have went with a digital font if they wanted something similar. I would rather have something simple and easily identifiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei
                  You're mind misreads it.
                  It's so good at confusing you it messes up your spelling.

The point still stands though. It's a horrible font. They should have kept the same font as UT2004. At least the chat text could have been the same.

Comment

I agree it's a bad font. I've brought this issue up in beta, too, as did some others.

Comment

The problem with the 6 and 9's is that the spine of the numbers is curved in, so when we're in the middle of the action, we see the curve, and assume its an eight.

A traditional digital font would look better and be far more functional.

Comment

A temporary workaround can be done by using texmod and changing the fonts by hand.
                        Read here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...3#post25129383
                        It works for me, but it´s not very comfortable...

Comment

Working...
                        X