AI is Bananas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI is Bananas

My earlier gripes i got sorted, cept the hellish crosshair, on a post that was locked, the AI is wierd for me to, on Torlan (Campaign) one of my team was shooting at a hill???? a background hill not one in game, the other was in a manta hovering near red core, not shooting when destroy enemy core, it tried to squish me instead of shoot core , Downtown and Torlan its happened on now, they just hover or try to team kill.
    Also my team shoots at me when i run home with flag, my team goes to sabotage, freindly fire is off but why the hell they shooting at me in the 1st place???

I dunno what single player unlocks if you finish it but it'll be hard as hell with 2 of your team being moronic, the other trying to kill own team members that hold the flag

The bots do also sorts of peculiar things. I saw one tracking an enemy underneath the floor, well out of sight, then he tried to fire the Flak Cannon through the floor and gibbed himself. Flag-carrying bots very cleverly latch onto your vehicle if you present your **** to them, but they take this too far and will hang around your vehicle even if you aren't pointing towards your base and are not in a fast vehicle, waiting for you to turn around. I also saw a bot repeatedly trying to translocate onto a platform using rockets.

Comment

One of the bots in VCTF-Sandstorm loved walking into a wall. I had to boost him up with that ball-thing necris vehicle (forgot its name, ok?).

They never hook onto my vehicles, no matter how hard I shunt them either.

Comment

*scavenger*

Comment

I'm actually having a lot of difficulty in the campaign because of how horrid the ally AI is. They rarely get above half my score by the end and (i play on hard) if i lose its usually a close game and there fault, ive had to now switch to medium because the ai is just to awful to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
            One of the bots in VCTF-Sandstorm loved walking into a wall. I had to boost him up with that ball-thing necris vehicle (forgot its name, ok?).
            This is a major game stopping bug I noticed too.

It's that little crater area where the Darkwalker and Scavenger spawn. The bots can't navigate (climb) out of there. I was thinking about editing the map and changing the path nodes and or just making sure no vehicles spawn there.

It's little things like this that show how rushed this game was. Previous UTs were pretty much flawless in terms of bot pathing and you'd rarely see them make this many obvious mistakes -- Or the map makers not having enough time to fine tune and adjust path nodes and such.

Comment

sounds like the bots are having a much harder time learning all the ins and outs of the game...

I've seen bots (beta demo) walk outside, just on their boards, then it seems they don't realise they need to press forwards and so they just jump off.

Sad it was rushed.

Comment

I've noticed the bots doing some dumb things, like trying to shoot through floors, and hanging around while carrying the flag instead of running for the base like they ought to.

I've generally only used them at 'adept' level though, so I haven't thought much about it. Do they do this kind of thing at the higher skill levels too?

I'm not at home at the moment or I'd just try it and find out.

Comment

Dusk has some corners that bots get stuck on. I've even seen two bots get stuck together in one of the node buildings. I had to pump some rockets into them to get
                  what constitutes as half my team back online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutilate66 View Post
                    I'm actually having a lot of difficulty in the campaign because of how horrid the ally AI is. They rarely get above half my score by the end and (i play on hard) if i lose its usually a close game and there fault, ive had to now switch to medium because the ai is just to awful to deal with.
                    I like to play every game i buy on the hardest setting but here I am having exactly the same problem.

-Ive seen bots get stuck on walls
                    -Bots shoot into the ground/hills
                    -They get stuck trying to fire the translocator disc somewhere but keep missing so stand there doing it over and over again
                    -Ive never seen a bot latch onto a vehicle while using the hoverboad
                    -while you are in a vehicle with bot passensgers try giving the order to hold this position (its insaine)
                    -bots get vehicles stuck all the time

Comment

i saw a bot trying to link the ground with alt-fire on torlan.
                      maybe an environmentalist, trying to heal the planet?

Comment

They get a little stupid when a flag is dropped. Every single bot will drop what they're doing including jumping out of vehicles and run head long to a dropped flag. That includes the enemy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakalwe View Post
                          i saw a bot trying to link the ground with alt-fire on torlan.
                          maybe an environmentalist, trying to heal the planet?

LOL

Yeah sounds like the bots need a lot of patching, I'm sure they are going to fix these things in patches.

Do they do these things in instant action as well or only the campaign?

Comment

It should be renamed Artificial Retardedness. Intellgence just doesn't fit into the equation with UT3 bots.

Comment

The AI definitely fails, especially when you are chasing a bot and in a second they turn, shoot you and turn back around again.

Comment

Working...
                              X