Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans seen for voicechat improvement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans seen for voicechat improvement?

I've seen a lot of issues addressed in the first patch, and some planned for the 2nd patch, but I've not seen anything regarding voicechat.

When using voicechat in UT3, there's no client side indicator to determine if you are even transmitting voice unless you turn on the net stats and watch for voice packets going out. Also, there is no way without testing to know if you're talking to everyone or just your team. The voicechat in UT2k4 worked very well with the ability to choose who you want to talk to and you have a visual in-game indicator of who you are talking to every time you transmit your voice.

In summary, it would be great if the exact same UT2004 voice chat was implemented in UT3. It was very well designed. The only issue it ever had was in switching teams, sometimes the "team channel" would not switch right and they could still hear the team the switched from.

I think the game should have team and public channels like UT2004 has, I don't know why they ditched a good thing. An indicator of transmitting audio is key, it would also help cut down on people resting on the send audio icon if they saw an indicator on their screen.

Comment

Why there is no team voice chat is the stupidest thing. Its needed ASAP and an indicator.

Comment

The voice chat is very spotty, sometimes people can hear me, sometimes they can't and visa-versa, and I'm on an excruciatingly good connection, so the fault is somewhere in the game's code.

Comment

i can help! whip out 2 paper cups or plastic ,git 2 needles, and about 400 miles of string. tie the needles on the ends of the string and insert into the bottomg of the cup! hehe seriously though what is up with it? it sounds like my dog farting in a bathtub

Comment

LOL!! After all the trouble with this voice chat **** today at least i got a laugh out of it.

Comment

Working...
            X