X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomh View Post
    Unreal Tournament 3 has RUINED, RUINED one of my favorite games of all tie:
    Unreal Tournament 2004

UT3 is just so much better looking than UT2k4 that when I tired to play UT2Kk4 today I found that UT2k4 looked like the Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" video game in comparison.

I'd love a Mac port soon please, and a few of the fixes that people have already pointed out (new GUI interface, online browser, quicker weapon changes) but I have no regrets in spending the $50 dollars that UT3 cost me.
    FINALLY... someone (and a few others -- see Easthawk9 post: 1st impression) have the guts to come out and say the truth. Thanks for this post. The folks at Epic have out-done themselves this time. They turned one of the greatest PC games of all time into a drab, murky, mess of a sub-level console game. Must have taken some real geniuses over there to get that done in 4 frigging years. Just one last thing... open UT3, play 3 minutes of Warfrae, then open up UT2004 and play. It's like going from tin foil to gold.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
      It's not a complaint. He's just saying he loved UT2004 alot and now UT3 has taken most of it's crowd, and, since he's on mac, he cant convert to UT3 yet.
      Wow, you are so wrong. He's trying to be funny, saying that UT3 looks really good, so he can't play UT2004 anymore: older graphics.

@Solar_Plexus: How can so many people not understand what tomh said? Read it again!!! He's saying UT3 LOOKS GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        Wow, you are so wrong. He's trying to be funny, saying that UT3 looks really good, so he can't play UT2004 anymore: older graphics.

@Solar_Plexus: How can so many people not understand what tomh said? Read it again!!! He's saying UT3 LOOKS GOOD.
        um... gee, you must be a genius too. I am not saying HOW IT LOOKS. I said "PLAY". I'm talking about the whole **** game. The WHOLE GAME is below the UT2004... the sum total.... gameplay, customization, etc etc etc.

Comment

\so much better with the bloom off
          I try out the beta patch when you turn off bloom you don't lose all the other stuff
          phew
          the colors look way better and lighting too

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post

OH MY GOD!!! someone that make compliments and be grateful for this game?
            unbelievable!!! it's a shock, we must keep this 3d up guys

Comment

macs are yucky

Comment

Originally posted by Solar_Plexus View Post
                FINALLY... someone (and a few others -- see Easthawk9 post: 1st impression) have the guts to come out and say the truth. Thanks for this post. The folks at Epic have out-done themselves this time. They turned one of the greatest PC games of all time into a drab, murky, mess of a sub-level console game.
                Here, you thank him for his post, and then "agree" with him.

Originally posted by tomh View Post
                UT3 is just so much better looking than UT2k4 that when I tired to play UT2Kk4 today I found that UT2k4 looked like the Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" video game in comparison.
                Here, he is complimenting UT3.

His post: Pro UT3
                Your post: Anti UT3

So why are you thanking him?

Comment

Originally posted by tomacco View Post
                  LOL, is is hard to beat UT99.
                  It's so hard to get that formula again.
                  Not hard, just impossible. I have very fond memories of my first car, had so much fun with it, and the feeling of freedom with a fresh drivers license and my own set of wheels was awesome. If I would buy that car today I would see what it really was. A ugly piece of ****. Same thing with UT99, can't recreate that "first love" formula. To someone who haven't seen UT99 before it's just a horribly ugly shooter. With todays tech it's even hard to make something look as bad as UT99.

Hard to make something that plays as good as UT99 too. ^^

Originally posted by Cpuslayer
                  ..Sucks that the Noobs will buy this game and also concur.
                  I read your post, but with that last sentence you totally pulled the plug on your entire rant. Just another cry baby.

Comment

na i prefer UT99, but dont play much since when i try to start it up, sometimes my pc crashes, so i put the whole ut99 game on my flashdrive and play at schools, and at libarys, and other pcs... and the fist ut game i played was UT2k4! but the first unreal game i played was, well unreal.

I was a Halo fan at first, but when i played UT2k4 for the fist time, now i cant even look at halo with a straght face...

Comment

I find it very funny all of these UT2004 players come here kicking and screaming that the game is ruined. I do not see any UT99 players doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBypasser View Post
                        sh*t I thought that's gonna be another lame complaint again
                        Ye, UT3 even pretends to become the up-to-date-tech UT99!
                        i agree with that... all that we need now is tons of old and new maps by community or Epic's bounus packs, old menu, and bombing run and all types of domination. Thats it!

Comment

Originally posted by sekazi View Post
                          I find it very funny all of these UT2004 players come here kicking and screaming that the game is ruined. I do not see any UT99 players doing this.
                          Hey, i never said the game was runind, but then again i am a UT99 and a UT2k4 player

Comment

Originally posted by Felin View Post
                            macs are yucky
                            Actually, Macs are simply yet another brand of PCs nowadays, with some fancy-shmancy OS preinstalled... like those DELLs that come with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled - but that's nothing that a wipe and re-install of Debian proper and/or Win XP couldn't fix, same goes for those Apples...

np: Bola - Heirairerr (Gnayse)

Comment

Well it looks like UT3 is ruined cause it's not Battle Field.
                              http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587694
                              But the only legit complaint I have against UT3 is that there is virtually no cowbell. No pylons. And the metal tin can only be destroyed in the flames from whence it was forged.
                              The DVD sucks compared to my Frisbee. And maybe the graphics will be so good that someone will mistake real life for the game at bring a bunch of Lawyers to Epic's door.

(This meaning UT3 is fine with me and it's not ruined, maybe a little rough around the edges.)

Comment

Ironic post huh...i think so, one of Epic's older games UT2k4 got disliked because UT3 is better...lol obviously it should be better its upgraded version of it, and i really really like the new items and vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                X