I just got the UT3 CE, but I didn't get a CD key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Small_Green_Man View Post
    I also didn't get a cd key with my canadian version. Purchesed at a retail store, but no cd-key. Tried to exchange it for another copy, but they wouldn't let me because there isn't a key... and thats needed to exchange. What do i do? blah.. i want to play!
    you tell them that you got it that way from them and demand to talk to the manager about the issue.... they should of gave you a replacment copy due to the fact it is essentially a defective copy

if you have to get the police involved

but whatever you do dont take no for an answer

besides its not like they cant send the game back to the distributor to get their money back from it...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazymutant View Post
      you tell them that you got it that way from them and demand to talk to the manager about the issue.... they should of gave you a replacment copy due to the fact it is essentially a defective copy

if you have to get the police involved

but whatever you do dont take no for an answer

besides its not like they cant send the game back to the distributor to get their money back from it...
      I agree here, you bought it from them in that condition. Make them give you a refund, talk to the manager, involve the police. That's absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
        I agree here, you bought it from them in that condition. Make them give you a refund, talk to the manager, involve the police. That's absurd.
        thing is they are supposed to make sure your satisfied with your purchase within reason... now i wouldnt expect a exchange because my system couldnt run the game at all,, that would of been my fault for not checking the specs before i buy... however there was no way of knowing if the cd key was missing until i open the package. so its not my fault i bought a defeftive copy... seeing there was no way of knowing...

Comment

Originally posted by Small_Green_Man View Post
          I also didn't get a cd key with my canadian version. Purchesed at a retail store, but no cd-key. Tried to exchange it for another copy, but they wouldn't let me because there isn't a key... and thats needed to exchange. What do i do? blah.. i want to play!
          wow, yeah, get rough with them.
          They dont need the key to exchange, and if they do tell them their company policy doesnt over-ride the law and they HAVE to accept it back seeing its defective. Talk to the manager, or contact higher if you have to.

Thing is, they will get a replacement copy sent to them from midway for their stuff up - so the store wont loose anything in the process. They are just being idiots.

As always: your paying the wages of these people with your purchase, you should never get the short end of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by yabbering yeti View Post
            wow, yeah, get rough with them.
            They dont need the key to exchange, and if they do tell them their company policy doesnt over-ride the law and they HAVE to accept it back seeing its defective. Talk to the manager, or contact higher if you have to.

Thing is, they will get a replacement copy sent to them from midway for their stuff up - so the store wont loose anything in the process. They are just being idiots.

As always: your paying the wages of these people with your purchase, you should never get the short end of the stick.
            thing is the policy allows for exchanging defective copies for copies that work... the employee probably was thinking the guy was trying to trade the game in for something else... if that was the case the employee was right to deny the trade, but this was a exhange of a defective copy for a working copy...

Comment

As I explained, you'll have to go to the store. Explain the situation and even volunteer to open the new copy in the store to make sure there is a key with this one. If it's the CE version, make sure you opened both halves of the tin to make sure it's not in the back of the tin.

Comment

wow, glad this never happened to me.

Comment

ok, why the heck is this on the front page?

Comment

spammers dug up every old thread to spam a link Lol

Comment

get the xbox 360 version.... prob solved

Comment

Working...
                      X