Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone finding the player models hard to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone finding the player models hard to see?

I'm finding this to be a problem especially in some DM maps... Deck is very difficult... as is Biohazard...

I don't know what can be done to solve this... and maybe it's just me...

I tend to lose my opponent during quick movements, and half the time end up shooting in totally the wrong direction as a result...

I haven't had this problem. It's much like Brightskins at a distance, and when I close in enough, it starts to fade a bit until their skin looks normal. I notices this effect works on vehicles, too.

Comment

I actually am very happy they are better then in ut2k4, couldnt see **** there (without any tweaks that is ofcourse)

Comment

I agree with Insidiae miles better now than ut2004.
        Them chars blended into the background.

Comment

Some of them is hard to see in certain maps and places. I'd like to see a mutator which put the teamskins on DM FFA skins. Still it's not that bad, and 100x better than 2k4 where UTcomp brightskins were a must.

Comment

what's really weird is that I found it much easier to see them in 2k4...

Comment

I agree with BozoB and Insidiae they are tons better than the ones in UT2k4.

Comment

I also have huge problems seeing some skins in some maps. Especially deck is a problem, and heatray. In those maps the skins really disappear into walls at close range. Must have something to do with the ambient lightning of those maps.

Comment

Did you play ut2004 & remember how hard lets say matrix was to see in grendelkeep ?

compared to that ut3 skins are very easy to spot

Comment

matrix + grendel + 20/200 vision = nightmare....and i hate wearing glasses

these new models are almost TOO bright at distance.

up close tho the colors are kinda drab. more than once ive tried to kill a friendly fury

and also why arent the necris weap lasers team colored? all of em are red

Comment

Ya it's really f*cking annoying. The maps are way too bright and there is some that hvae way too much blur, like Torlan and Biohazard. The enemies at range is O.K. but the closer they get, the harder they are to see. I never found myself turning around that often in a close combat trying to see where the hell is the enemy. I never do that in UT2004 and all other games, that's what I mean.

They said they would make it so they are easier to see at range, right... but if we can't see them at close range it's even worse! Guess having low-fps doesn't help neither.

Comment

they are too easy to see.. pink and blue at a distance, pink and baby blue vehicles.. it looks yuck (thanks those who whined about UT2004)

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado-CoA View Post
                          matrix + grendel + 20/200 vision = nightmare....and i hate wearing glasses

these new models are almost TOO bright at distance.

up close tho the colors are kinda drab. more than once ive tried to kill a friendly fury

and also why arent the necris weap lasers team colored? all of em are red
                          I have much better than 20/20 vision and I still had a problem seeing some characters in UT2k4. There's not a single character I can't clearly see from great distances in this game. It's like an enhanced Brightskins. Not noticable so much up close. But the further away you get the more visible the player gets. This is the first Brightskin-type effect I've not had a problem with, actually.

Comment

Well it's not perfect but compared to UT04 its a big improvement

Comment

Working...
                            X