Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i nead a REAL answer

ok, i just need a definitive answer to one question:

Is it possible to enable anti-aliasing on a sm4.0, dx10 ATI card?

Also, is there any way to enable FSAA in DX9 on an ATI card? X1000 series or 2000 series.

Comment

please guys, we need answers!

EDIT: and its on the second page again!, why does no one answer my threads?( and i know some of you are at work, but what about people in my timezone?)

Comment

aw c'mon, this is getting ridiculous, all i want is an answer, it takes about 3 sentences to answer my question, is it me? or is my karma terrible this weak(its not like i've beaten a homelessimmigrantgaysinglemotherelderly amputeeparaplegic to death)

Comment

There might be a way to force it in the NVIDIA drivers, but in ATI you need Vista.

So no.

Comment

ok then, so it works in vista? i will just get vista then! thank you sir/madam(not calling you a hermaphrodite, i just don't like to assume everyone on the Internet is a man) you have been a great help.

Comment

Problem being, unless you have an extreme system, Vista gives crappy performance... Or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Crazyhead View Post
                it takes about 3 sentences to answer my question
                It also takes actually knowing the answer to answer your question. It's not like people know the answer and just aren't answering it. It's not all about you.

Comment

I read elsewhere in this forum (just now, I don't know how I missed it) but ATI cards can't do AA because they do it differently, using shaders, somehow. So that's why even the newest ones in Vista cannot apparently do AA in UT3.

This might change, but for now that seems to be the deal.

If anyone with an ATI card can do FSAA, they might want to post that somewhere.

Also, the thread title here is vague, so the OP should retitle if, if he can, to something more representative to the subject of the thread. Asking about FSAA on ATI cards.

Comment

Working...
                  X