Wierd stuttering issue at native res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd stuttering issue at native res

Ever since the beta, I have had this stuttering issue but I was able to get rid of it somehow in the beta and I do not recall what it was. My issue is whenever I switch to my native res of 2560x1600 the game starts stuttering everywhere from menus to clips to gaming. Now I know my system can handle it no problems and it has in the beta no problem. I do not have this problem in any other resolutions. I have tried turning off mouse smoothing and that has not helped. Listed are my specs I am hoping someone has a solution to it. The beta patch has not resolved the issue at all. Thanks for any assistance.

q6600 oced @ 3.4ghz
    8800gtx sli
    2gig ddr2 1066
    2x 150 raptors raid 0
    native res 2560x1600
    nvidia driver 169.xx <- forgot exact the 11/12 release one lol.

Originally posted by nycdarkness View Post
    Ever since the beta, I have had this stuttering issue but I was able to get rid of it somehow in the beta and I do not recall what it was. My issue is whenever I switch to my native res of 2560x1600 the game starts stuttering everywhere from menus to clips to gaming. Now I know my system can handle it no problems and it has in the beta no problem. I do not have this problem in any other resolutions. I have tried turning off mouse smoothing and that has not helped. Listed are my specs I am hoping someone has a solution to it. The beta patch has not resolved the issue at all. Thanks for any assistance.

q6600 oced @ 3.4ghz
    8800gtx sli
    2gig ddr2 1066
    2x 150 raptors raid 0
    native res 2560x1600
    nvidia driver 169.xx <- forgot exact the 11/12 release one lol.
    Hmmm, well you say you know your system can handle it but honestly, I'm not sure that SLI works well enough to enable you to play a such a huge resolution, I'm sure you have all settings maxed out and at that res I do not think your system can handle it, your system is a beast though.

From what I heard, I thought the 8800gt sli's better then the gtx's I could be wrong I don't feel like looking it up.

Comment

I had the same problem but it was just in game if did not do so already try putting everything on max. That eliminated my problem.

Comment

You need more than 2gig of ram dude 4 that res
        I have same thing as soon as push res up my ram runs out goes as low as 8% then
        it stutter

Comment

Well, the thing I learned about an lcd monitor and fps is that your monitor caps your fps as I understand it to the recomended refresh rate of your monitor. Cannot remember where I read that - may have been tweakguides.

Comment

I know it can handle it at max setting since I played with the same settings in the beta. I can up it to 4gigs since I do have 2 extra sticks laying around just i hate 64 bit. The beta ran for me at 2560x1600 with everything on max no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by nycdarkness View Post
              I know it can handle it at max setting since I played with the same settings in the beta. I can up it to 4gigs since I do have 2 extra sticks laying around just i hate 64 bit. The beta ran for me at 2560x1600 with everything on max no problems.
              The issue is that even though the textures do not look THAT much better they take up a whole lot more ram/gpu power, the demo was limited, the highest setting in the real game is higher then the demo, perhaps you could try lowering your world detail and or textures and see what happens.

Comment

I just tried setting everything to lowest setting possible and still same issue.

Comment

This sounds similar to another thread. Have you tried disabling SLI and seeing how it performs then?

Comment

Working...
                  X