Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome game but...

it crashes and freezes A LOT!

Just about every time I've exited the game it was because of either freezing during a load (rarely happens, forces me to reboot) or the app crashes. I think the freezing has something to do with changing your character after you've played an online match but I dunno.

Don't get me wrong I love UT3 to death, but this is really getting frustrating.

\
    you need to put specs of your pc is OC is it update with drivers WTF man

Comment

Specs:

GeForce 7950GT 512mb
      AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.4ghz Dual Core
      Gigabyte Nvidia M59SLi-S5 Motherboard
      2GB Corsair DDR2 675mhz RAM

Drivers - 163.71 (latest AFAIK)

Anyway I doubt it has anything to do with my hardware, it happens at random. I could freeze on first load, or 5th load or 50th. Still not sure what causes it. GPU's factory clocked and runs the game fine at ~60fps.

Comment

Well now I think I know what the problem might be. Just a little while ago I tried to load a map and the drivers failed. Coincidentally the same thing happened twice with TES4: Oblivion a while back. And occasionally I get weird graphical anomalies with Oblivion (things like the screen will randomly divide itself into parts and move across the monitor in a filmstrip fashion) so my guess is these drivers are junk.

Anyone ever had similar problems with the 163.75 drivers? Any idea what release I should backtrack to?

Comment

Fully remove the drivers.
          Make sure to use driver cleaner, just in case.
          Try latest beta driver.

Comment

I'll give it a shot, 169.09 right?

Comment

For the 7950, yeah. Only the 8800GT (I think) has the 169.12 (since it fixes a bug only found on the 8800GT).

Comment

Looks like that might have done the trick. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X