Quad core vs 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quad core vs 2

So? Does it use all the 4 cores? Do you have good performance whit your quad?

I dont know what to buy between the e6850 or the q6600.

over those i would get q6600, but if i was on a budget, then the 6550

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=574390

use "search" next time.... u dont have to be einstein to undertstand there are already enough topics about this.

Comment

For the record, whenever I use search it tells me my search doesn't meet the minumum number of words (4) even when I have many words typed. It only seems to work when you search for a very specific word.

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
          http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=574390

use "search" next time.... u dont have to be einstein to undertstand there are already enough topics about this.
          You don't have to be einstein to understand that telling those things nicely would make it more likely for people to follow your advice and use the search function.

When you post in 25 threads being disrepectful toward new posters asking something, they are less likely to use the search feature then if you came to them nicely and said ''and use the search feature next time".

By doing things like how you do it you're more likely to make them feel agressed or ridiculed than anything, either they'll simply leave because of the cold welcome they got, or they will simply focus on how unfriendly you were instead of focusing on the search function.

Comment

very true! :/ ... think im in a bad mood! :> ... time to stop posting! :>

Comment

im using the q6700 and im getting 100+ fps but thats with all the stuff I have so yeah it is using all four core and I also have the E6850 and it has a litle less performance so I would go with the quad for future gaming

Comment

Alright thx a lot. I think im gonna go for the e6850 but mostly because the quad require a lot more power and i dont think my power supply would resist.

And i'll use the ''search'' function next time

You dont have to be einstein to see im new on this forum!

Comment

how much wattage is your power supply?

EDIT: Actually what do you have right now for your specs including the power supply.

Comment

MajorgamerQc:

If you're thinking of running vista on the e6850 don't expect too much (at least a 10-20fps drop). If you go with a quad core it will be smoother.

Comment

yes I saw the differece between the two with the e6850 the was a little choppy and with the q6700 it ran without a hiccup

Comment

I'm getting the q6700 and was wondering if it would be better to run ut3 on vista 64 vs. xp 32 (my original dual boot plans).

Comment

Vista 64 would be a lot better for quad cores

Comment

Originally posted by champdee View Post
                            I'm getting the q6700 and was wondering if it would be better to run ut3 on vista 64 vs. xp 32 (my original dual boot plans).
                            This game doesn't have 64bit support. It wouldnt matter.

Comment

It might not support but it would be worth getting in the long run

Comment

Working...
                              X