Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login for multiple profiles

Hi, this is my first post.
    I am from Austria, German is my native language and therefore not every pun is intended.

My Question is:
    Does UT3 support multiprofile-login and is it possible to create windows shortcuts therefore?

For example: I create two logins “UT2004leftover” and “GoWleftover”
    Now to login often with different names and passwords is boring.
    Nice would be a link “UT3@UT2004leftover” with UT3.exe and command line arguments, same for “UT3@ GoWleftover”.

Another little question, sorry for that.
    In UT2004 it was possible to define for example INI=PCgame.ini to load custom settings.
    Maybe it’s possible to define for example UTGame.ini=Consolegame.ini in UT3, but it crashed every time when I did so. What was my mistake?

Due to Consolegame.ini, I bought the UT3 PC version, but because of the console user interface and all that stuff: is it intended that I play my PC version on an Xbox 360?

Thanks and please don’t be too harsh folks.

Cooee!

It occurs to me that this thread belongs to me alone.
    Is it true that Epic Games belongs to Microsoft?
    Or was it Fox Interactive Media, I'm not sure.

Cheers

Comment

There is currently no multiple login feature supported in the game client. There is such a feature supported if you launch a dedicated server, where you can specify which account and password, but when you launch the game itself those settings do not apply, and you still have to log in with whatever the last known account was.

You can still set up your shortcut to launch different configuration files, but that won't help with the login issue.

Epic Games is a wholly-owned company, as far as I know. UT3 is published by Midway. Gears of War was published by Microsoft.

Comment

Thanks for information!

So all our nicks have been sold off to Gamespy and their only venture is to screw things up.
        And Epic takes us for a ride. Why didn't they make a separate Gamespy.ini?
        To prevent any mess with modified INI files.

Cheers

Comment

That's a good suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X