Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, we got Unreal, where stays the tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, we got Unreal, where stays the tournament?

Ok, first of all, I'm VERY HAPPY, cuz I walked to a store, and they just recieved some copies of the game, and I was the first one to get a CE edition

Played the campaing for a while, but I miss the Tournament feeling. UT made fragging a sport, a giant compatition. Now it's just a war, not a sport anymore....

(BTW, now I got the CE edition, expect some costum made maps from me )

you might wanna play it online then

Comment

...........or just play a regular bot match.

Comment

i think he's talking about the single player tournament mode, whereas now its just a "war" and not teams versus teams. you cant edit your team, or really pick what mode you want to play . your given one map or a choice of 1-2 maps to play, you cant see who you're fighting against, there arent any character bios. feels kinda lifeless compared to previous games.

Comment

I think this game is showing what life is like for Tournament players outside of the Tournament during the off season. Also..

**WARNING - SPOILERS BELOW***

At the end of the game, Reaper want's to kill Malcom. How do you best kill a 9 time Tournament winner? Enter the Tournament, work your way up, and earn the right to fight him 1 vs 1 of course! My guess is that we will see this in an upcomming expantion or UT4.

Comment

that would be one sweet expansion, playable brock and malcom, FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid-Dreams View Post
              I think this game is showing what life is like for Tournament players outside of the Tournament during the off season. Also..

**WARNING - SPOILERS BELOW***

At the end of the game, Reaper want's to kill Malcom. How do you best kill a 9 time Tournament winner? Enter the Tournament, work your way up, and earn the right to fight him 1 vs 1 of course! My guess is that we will see this in an upcomming expantion or UT4.
              Seconded with a vengeance!

That should be the name:

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3: VENGEANCE

Comment

naaaah it would sound like Tribes: Vengeance :P
                <SPOILER WARNING>

Why should he be a Tournament player if he turned onto Necris side? However - captured, imprisoned, then, like many other prizoners - led into the Tournament.. unlogical as he'd most likely be killed in the attack.

Comment

yes, the tournament gameplay is more fun, i you can create your team, name the team, administrate the time, play for credits. That in my opinion is more fun than the war in UT3. I hope come up a mod allow to play all the UT3 like UT2004

Comment

I miss UT2k4 but atleast I still have it and for the expansion that would be a nice idea and you know down the road something like that is going to come out. Come on guys it unreal tournament never count them out of anything.

Comment

I really hope it will be in a expansion, the game is beautiful, but I miss the tournament

Comment

Like I said in another post, UT3 is just UT with a new coat of paint. There's all kinds of bells and whistles but you can still do what I've always loved best... fragging the hell out of my friends.

Comment

Epic makes bonus packs for all the UT games not so much expansions other than the debate of ut2004 being a ut2003 expansion or the ece but that was a free bonus pack to download. They just need to make a bonus pack quick I hope, adding in all the characters I'm seeing in the ini, the classic ut in-depth bot configuration (each one being a little unique.) Picking your team. Vehicle mutator to just force the vehicles you want on a map like the ut2004 one (though I think someone made that and I'm sure people including me will be making a lot of Necris maps. Some of the old mutators like vampire and the vehicle health settings (think someone in the community made the latter one.) Voice menu. There's so much that still makes the original UT or UT2004 so much more tweak friendly. Not being able to use freecamera, lockcamera or preferences is a let down. I love the game but I wish it had all the options the other UTs had. It just makes no sense they would remove things people liked. Music player was nice. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                          X