Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 22" TFT monitros owners.

Heyo ppl.

I've got Samsung 226BW 22" and native res is 1650x1050 as you would guess wide screen res... and apparently UT3 has some beef with wide screen...

So i guess i am settling with the 4:3 aspect ration for now.
    I am just wondering what kinda res do you guys use?

PS: Nvidia drivers have built in scaling for flat screen to - 4:3 but this feature never worked for me with current drivers.. so everything looks pretty stretched

Share....

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 906BW 19". The native resolution is 1440x900. I am able to use pretty much every resolution including the following

320x200
    640x400
    800x500
    960x600
    1024x640
    1152x720
    1280x800
    1360x850

All are 16:10 resolutions and work perfectly. The monitor or video card for some reason just does not support 720x450.

Comment

I have the exact same monitor (well, apart from the A/C/S thing probably) running in 1280x0124. But that's mainly due to my 7600GT; when my 8800GT arrives, I'm definitely going for the native resolution. In combination with the proper FOV setting (100.4) - which can easily be set with the beta patch - it's fine by me!

Oh, and don't use the nVidia scaling. Leave the scaling up to the 226BW; looks a lot nicer.

Comment

I haven't noticed any widescreen issues. I'm playing at 1920x1200 (16:10).

Comment

. . . the best way to fit any resolution is keeping lock the native aspect ratio of your monitor, in that case 16:10

I have a 226BW too, and I play UT3 in 1440x900, its runs awesome, nothing to complain.

Greetings from Chile

Comment

While I think UT3 uses a different FOV than widescreen is supposed have, it supports nearly all of the resolutions you can think of. I have that same monitor, and everything is perfect.

Comment

Well its been said before if u use widescreen it cuts out parts of the screen in Unreal 3 engine..

Comment

I have a Westinghouse 22" monitor. It runs perfectly fine on it. I have not looked at what resolution I have UT3 running at. I know from my control pannel though it's at it's max res which I cant remember right now since I'm not at that pc. I'm at work right now. I want to say it's 1920x1200. I have not had any issue with the monitor though.
                Mischa.

Comment

So you guys can confirm wide screen res doesnt cut out screen space?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr3thepooner View Post
                    So you guys can confirm wide screen res doesnt cut out screen space?
                    I dont know what my setting is on. I could check later after I get home and post back here. As I said I have a widescreen monitor and it looks fine on mine. I dont think anything is being cut off as far as I know. I'll post back either tonight or tomorrow dont know if I'm going to play it tonight.
                    Mischa.

Comment

Working...
                    X