Default brightness much too dark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default brightness much too dark?

Anyone else think the default brightness 6 is much too dark--especially on dark maps? For example, the Deck map is pitch dark! What was Epic thinking?? I personally prefer brightness 8. What brightness do you use?

Same as you. 8

Comment

I can't see a **** in deck, playing deck for me it's just some kind of completly dark/frenetic/rocketSpam thing.
      /offtopic i get a HUGE Fps drop at the portal near the pool/

But in other maps (like shangrila) there's too much light...

Comment

It's just fine for me at default... It may have to do with my quality LCD screen, or it may have to do with superior eyesight...

Comment

Type this in your console.

gamma #

4.5 works best for me, results may vary.

You can also adjust

brightness and contrast respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by TsunamiZ View Post
            Anyone else think the default brightness 6 is much too dark--especially on dark maps? For example, the Deck map is pitch dark! What was Epic thinking?? I personally prefer brightness 8. What brightness do you use?
            This kind of thing can also be affected by the monitor someone is using. Sounds like on the monitors Epic set things with, it probably looked fine. Also, everybody has a different idea about what "bright enough" looks like.

Comment

On vivid deck is kind of dark but not pitch black. On the normal post processing setting deck is plenty bright.

Comment

I've cranked gamma/brightness up in UT since ut99, I've always found them much too dark.

Comment

dunno, I play at slider value 6, however used to play demo on 5.

Comment

Good god, ur complaining the the DEFAULT is too dark! thats why we can change it!

Comment

Originally posted by TsunamiZ View Post
                      so whats the big deal turn up the brightness to your liking no big deal lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skill View Post
                        Good god, ur complaining the the DEFAULT is too dark! thats why we can change it!
                        lol looks like everyone here spends less time playing UT3 then looking for something to moan about. Maps, weapons, player models, FX, colors, vehicles, game style, balance, third-person mode.... now the def values Wonder what will be next..

ps lol there even was something about adding boob size slider into character customization interface

Comment

same here.. turned mine up 2 notches..

Comment

Yes but how can gamma set to 4.0 in game be set permenantly?

This command I have to use on every map switch or I default back to x?

I have set all Engine.ini base, UT and UTEngine in docs gamma to 4.0 but does not hold so I assume its hard coded?

Comment

Working...
                            X