The jumps are limited. Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The jumps are limited. Why?

The jumps of this episode are more limited than before. It is no longer possible to make a jump after a double jump. This prevents you do quite funny things as it was possible in ut2004.

A small example image:

Why have you removed those qualities of the game?

-------------
    Sorry for my bad English.

Do a forum search on "Dodge Jump."

http://forums.epicgames.com/search.php?searchid=1668663

It's all been said.

Comment

And its fine. I hope the next UT will kill double-jump, to. Whats somehow dissapointing that the game is somewhat slow.

I know its a thing of taste, but: double jump and dodge-jumping is extreme unrealistic, and you are not able to see whats your enemy is doing next. He always has an option to avoid gettin pressured into a dead spot.

Comment

Originally posted by [FfFC]_-(MAD)-_ View Post
        And its fine. I hope the next UT will kill double-jump, to. Whats somehow dissapointing that the game is somewhat slow.

I know its a thing of taste, but: double jump and dodge-jumping is extreme unrealistic, and you are not able to see whats your enemy is doing next. He always has an option to avoid gettin pressured into a dead spot.
        I can understand wall dodging at most, but double jumping and dodge jumping are just lame.

All they did with double jumping was make the jumps twice as high. You now have to press jump twice to get over some things where you used to hit it once. Completely lame if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
          I can understand wall dodging at most, but double jumping and dodge jumping are just lame.

All they did with double jumping was make the jumps twice as high. You now have to press jump twice to get over some things where you used to hit it once. Completely lame if you ask me.
          Ut99 is best ^^

Comment

The UT99 jump was, without a doubt, my most preferred jump system.

However, I believe there is a mutator either in development or already released for UT3 that removes the double jump and makes the single jump larger - in which case, UT3's jump system will be my fav, because wall dodging is pretty neat without going into 2k4's aerial acrobatics.

Comment

You guys are missing his point. Because they took out dodge jump and grounded the gameplay you cant get to sneeky areas to ambush people. Weather that is accomplished by a dodge jump or not I dont care.

It was something that was cool to do. It is gone now. If limiting the jumping abilities was in mind their level design shouldve provided for it. Its not necassarily a dodgejump or no dodgejump argument. There are so many things wrong and off in this game. I'm puzzled wehn people hail it as the best UT ever?? Its totally been consolized. 0-5 mouse sens. WTH. Eff yeah? Oh and the game is broken for me. cant get instant action or multiplayer games working. Great playtesting EPIC. Now go finish the PS3 version, oh wait you already did. sell outs.

Comment

ummm.........(reads this kind of post for the 70th time in a couple months)......it's called search

Comment

It's called going back to UT99's movement and I'm glad. About the double jump, take it out? Are you crazy? Any skilled player will tell you that having a double jump is a MUST. It allows you to adjust the height of your jump-- different jumps for different situations. Sometimes being floaty is good, sometimes staying closer to the ground is good. It would be idiotic for EPIC to take it out.

I don't miss adrenaline at all though.

Comment

hmm now there is only stright paths around arena's no longer can a skilled player in full command of the controls make inovative ways around to quicken there route.

one more thing gone im afraid in a plethora of stuff to be missed

Comment

Yep...the game in it's present form jus plain blows. Tired of the "99" versus "04" argument also.Face the facts...the new business model of epics is for profit, not perfection.Totaly dropped the ball.

Comment

STOP JUMPING... Just say "no"...

Comment

I would rather have a single jump that you can adjust by how long you hold down the button. Tap it and you get a good normal jump. Press and hold it for a higher/farther jump. You get all the added movement without looking like a video game character from the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by [FfFC]_-(MAD)-_ View Post
                            Ut99 is best ^^
                            Agreed 100 %
                            But UT3 would also be kickass without Wall-dodge and doublejump.
                            Rather have one jump but higher.

This would also Scale down maps again, and it would be totally awesome :E

Comment

Hey, why not just make it so we all FLY instead of jumping? Or better yet, we could have our players use telekinesis to move the MAP. So that way we can move any where we want whilst not actually moving.

Dear god children. So this game doesn't have your preferred movement system, grow some stones and stop whining because Epic removed it for a reason (use search if you want to know what that is exactly, because tbh I can't be bothered spoon feeding you information).

If you want that type of movement system, play a lesser game like one of the quakes or 2k4, OR and this is just going out on a limb here, use that stupid ****ing mutator that brings 2k4 movement into ut3. I wouldn't bother though, because afaik, no servers are running it.

Comment

Working...
                              X