Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want an option to disable dynamic music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys do know you can put the volume down in the settings

Comment

We're saying we want BETTER music, not NO music.

Comment

Okay sorry for the stupid question:
        Do you mean with dynamic music for example when I play Warfare and take the orb, that the music changes?
        Or when I fall and take damage the music will change again?

You want the normal song the whole time while playing (same as you would listen to the track)?

Is that right or have I missunderstood something?

Greets

Comment

I support the option of enabling/disabling dynamic music (the more options, the better), but sometimes, the same track becomes boring. I remember, in UT2004, I played a 3 hour ONS match on Torlan, I had to turn the music off.

Comment

Yes, yes, yes.

Comment

I don't want dynamic disabled as much as I want the volume increased. The music is half as loud as everything else, if you max all sounds, you can barely hear the music.

Even just a mod that makes the game think you are constantly carrying the flag so you get the good music all the time?

Comment

So , still no luck?

I love the change of the music in all the game modes but Deathmatch. I've recently exported the UT99 music, especially "Run" and "Botmca#10", my favorites. I've edited them and made a small, 5 second loop from the beginnings, then a big loop from the entire rest.

I've placed them on the game's maps like Sentinel and Diesel, and it's awesome. Really brings the game closer to UT99 a lot. Only problem is, yeap, you guessed it, no action means resetting of the music. There should be an option only to play the "Action" loop for whatever gamemode you choose. That way you can turn it up only on DM and rock.

I don't think it's too hard to implement, i mean, somewhere the game chooses the music segment. If option is checked, don't choose, leave it on "Action".

Comment

On the other hand, I think they would have already done it since 2007 if it was easy. It must be "hard coded" or whatever is the correct term.

Comment

What's the point of an option to disable dynamic music? What exactly do you expect when you turn dynamic music off? Why don't you just turn off music entirely and play your favorite music tracks in a media player like Winamp running in the background? If you don't have a multimedia keyboard you can use the Global Hotkeys plugin to control Winamp from within UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Antigru View Post
                      So , still no luck?

I love the change of the music in all the game modes but Deathmatch. I've recently exported the UT99 music, especially "Run" and "Botmca#10", my favorites. I've edited them and made a small, 5 second loop from the beginnings, then a big loop from the entire rest.

I've placed them on the game's maps like Sentinel and Diesel, and it's awesome. Really brings the game closer to UT99 a lot. Only problem is, yeap, you guessed it, no action means resetting of the music. There should be an option only to play the "Action" loop for whatever gamemode you choose. That way you can turn it up only on DM and rock.

I don't think it's too hard to implement, i mean, somewhere the game chooses the music segment. If option is checked, don't choose, leave it on "Action".

As I said on my post on the previous page, it is completely possible and you need only check GoldDigger in my sig below to see it in action. Also in my sig, you can find instructions on how to do it yourself.

Let me know if any of the steps don't make sense or anything.

Comment

Hey.
                        Actually it was your tutorial along with one other, that helped me understand how to put the music in.

But, i still placed a separate Ambient music. The reason for this was because i saw in your tutorial, you put the same music everywhere.

I had the impression that, no matter what is placed there, when the action stopped the game will switch to "Ambient". If ambient was the same as "Action", then it would just mean the music restarts. And then, it will again restart when the action begins.

I can't check your CTF map now, i'll do it tonight (btw great work ). If you say it works, the only thing i can think of is that the game sees that "Ambient" is the same as "Action" and doesn't switch, thus not restarting the song. If this is the case, then ooo yeaaa, UT99 music forever

Comment

Not to be harsh (I like the soundtrack too ) but the game has many more pressing issues, I wouldn't expect this any time soon....

Comment

Originally posted by Antigru View Post
                            If you say it works, the only thing i can think of is that the game sees that "Ambient" is the same as "Action" and doesn't switch, thus not restarting the song.
                            This is exactly what it does. There was a glitch in one of the patches where it stopped working properly (would restart the soundtrack after every mood change), but it's back to working properly in the latest patch.

Comment

Yess, it worked. I put the UT99 Run music from the original Turbine, on the titan pack's turbine, and it fits like a glove. I played for two hours straight afterwards with a friend of mine, couldn't get enough.

Too bad i had to save the map separately. The music should have been clientside.

Thanks for the help. Now i'm going to get all the UT99 music, and put it on all the ut3 maps. Woooohoooo

Comment

This is from 2007, it looks like the development team doesn't want their game to be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X