Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want an option to disable dynamic music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want an option to disable dynamic music?

I love the soundtrack of this game! I'm quite surprised how well done it is indeed, It caught me from the first moment and I find it specially enjoyable when driving my car to my work.
    But there is something that bothers me to death: that dynamic music implementation. I don't find it a bad idea for the campaign, but for heavens sake! it's a torture in instant action or multiplayer, it just doesn't work. Also, having such a nice soundtrack, I find it a waste not to be able to enjoy it constantly.
    I'm not asking for getting rid of the feature but at least giving us an option to disable it would be great...
    Anybody sharing my thoughts?

agreed 100%

it really kills the pumping adrenaline to have the music nearly shut off at times... for me the UT series music was part of what made it really unique... this is missing somewhat from UT3...

please bring back the constant music!!

Comment

i support this option!

(that means yes btw)

Comment

I support more options, but I don't use the game music.

Comment

I think there should be a option to turn everything that isnt core awesome game player off. The game needs more options...

Comment

Bump... c'mon guys, I know there's more people that have noticed this!

Comment

i'd like to have an option to turn music off ingame, but not in the menu because the UT theme ownz

Comment

I voted YES!! this is the biggest and pretty much has been my only issue with UT3.. u cant hear any decent ammounts of the music because its always constantly being interupted by the ambiant sounds even on bloody DM maps. I too ABSOLUTELY LOVE this soundtrack this time round, 2k3/2k4 soundtracks were poor, but UT3 music has been awsome, but i cant hear much of it lol... god i just hope either someone can mod it somehow, or if epic could please! fix it or add the option to turn it on/off.

Comment

Oh god yes please! The "dynamic" music annoys the **** out of me.

Comment

Yup the option is needed as that context music in DM sounds like a ****. Also would be great to have an ingame player like in 2k4 - as much of the music is dumb here.

Comment

Would like this feature also.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                        I support more options, but I don't use the game music. Therefore, I don't care.
                        Same. But I do like that one Necris Beat(cant remember the actual name). It has a real moody feel to it and a pinging sound in it that a Garand makes when the clip ejects, sounds cool.

Comment

I could have sworn that when I first got the demo, the dynamic music was kicking through out the maps. The full version to me appears to be cutting off a lot.

Comment

I remember playing multiplayer and asking "Did the music just fade out?" I wasn't quite sure what was going on until I watched the making of video. It's a cool idea, but I love the music of UT as well and would like to be able to hear it full time.

Comment

Although I do not hear this since my music is set so low I still would like to see the feature in case I decide to play with max music or without music playing in winamp.

Comment

Working...
                              X