No announcement yet.

Malcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i jus beat the campaign last night on easy just to get it done quick... and i noticed in someone else's thread, that they weren't able to use the instagib playing card on the last battle, i never even got that playing card! so im wondering if playing and completing the game on a different difficulty might be able to unlock some other stuff even tho epic said that the difficulty doesn't mean anything, but clearly there are differences here.

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
      well i jus beat the campaign last night on easy just to get it done quick... and i noticed in someone else's thread, that they weren't able to use the instagib playing card on the last battle, i never even got that playing card! so im wondering if playing and completing the game on a different difficulty might be able to unlock some other stuff even tho epic said that the difficulty doesn't mean anything, but clearly there are differences here.
      Doesn't the card you get depend on which mission you choose to do? Some missions give cards and some don't. You could for example take a TDM match instead of a warfare map and get a card but then the next mission gets harder to complete etc...
      It's a bit hard to know what to do and what your choises actually mean. Confusing.

Comment

Well i just watched the history of unreal thing on the bonus disk and they say epic has a reputation of releasing games which are completed and not incomplete.

Well i think they just stained their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
          Well i just watched the history of unreal thing on the bonus disk and they say epic has a reputation of releasing games which are completed and not incomplete.

Well i think they just stained their reputation.
          Sure UT3 was rushed a bit, but the patch is coming soon and fixes many of the real issues. If you compare UT3 to most other current games, you will find that the amount of content in UT3 is completely staggering - look at ET:QW for example. That game has been hyped to oblivion, and you get what? 3 or 4 crappy vehicles total, and a bunch of shallow character types with recycled weaponry?`I don't even think that game has more total weapons than UT3, and most of them are completely unoriginal variations of hitscan weps, even though it is a sci fi game. Don't even get me started on maps and the quality of these.

And then there's bonus packs. Xan was added in a bonus pack in ut2k3, I wouldn't worry about malcolm seeing as how they already built his model. Perfect thing to save for a bonus pack really, just like face and xan.

Comment

I'd say that Malcom is a pretty safe bet for a Bonus Pack. As well as Face considering how much they talked about it in the history thing.

As for the game being rushed. Like I've said in other threads. The levels are all well designed which is the #2 priority. And I'd say that they nailed the gameplay which is #1. Features for a UT game are a bit scarce, but still outshines most games to date and can easily be added with a patch. So overall the game is what it should be. Which is GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana Jonas View Post
              I have done that for all chars, and now I have many chars. But there's only a 4-5 different avatars for them, and I there's only about the same amount of models.

How can I fix this problem?
              Yeah it anoyed me aswell you cant tell who is who or anything.
              Just delete or rename your "UTCustomChar.ini" file and UT will restore the default's next time you start it.

Comment

Hey guys, if you open up the editor and look through the <UT3 install directory>\UTGame\CookedPC\Characters, you'll find a package called CH_Immortals.

It looks like the art assets for Malcolm are stored there.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer8306 View Post
                  But if the cinematics are pre-rendered, you don't need any models...

IF
                  they're pre rendered.
                  I know the console game unreal championship had a pre rendered cinematic for the intro, using characters that weren't in the game (brock, lauren etc).

But
                  UT2k4 used cut scenes.
                  There's a difference. In UT 2k3, they had models specifically for the intro that were rigged, lip synced and animated. Even in UT99, the xan and player that stood in front of each other weren't actually the models you play with.

2k4's intro was rendered in game. It took place in real time.
                  Just animated models.
                  They didn't talk, so there's a good chance it was just in game models animated.

I suspect,
                  This game was just using character models specifically made for the cutscenes.
                  Pre rendered cinematics take up a LOT of disc space anyway, as opposed to in game rendered cut scenes, which is just code telling the characters/models what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by earlyberd View Post
                    Hey guys, if you open up the editor and look through the <UT3 install directory>\UTGame\CookedPC\Characters, you'll find a package called CH_Immortals.

It looks like the art assets for Malcolm are stored there.
                    Man, and Krill assured me they weren't there! How do we set up a character for him now?

Comment

Working...
                    X