Malcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malcom

during install - i just noticed file packs for the charecter malcom - i thought people said he was not in the game or did i miss read somethin somewhere?

That's cinematics, not model files.

Comment

But if the cinematics are pre-rendered, you don't need any models...

Comment

Well... there must be room for bonus packs...

... or UT 3.5

Comment

There had better not be a UT2.5 otherwise I'm gonna have to pull off a "Monster KILL!!" on Epic, lol.

Seriously though, he's got to be in this game somewhere, it's just not UT without him. And if he's really not, then I think he should be the first thing Epic includes in the first content pack. No?

Comment

As said you get characters after you beat them in the SP campaign, you don't fight Malcolm in UT3.

Comment

There will be a UT3.5 which is UT3 but with all the game modes, all the game models, all the mini features,

Comment

Originally posted by silencer8306 View Post
                But if the cinematics are pre-rendered, you don't need any models...
                You're suppose to be able to load up the matenee files used to make the cinematic videos and play them real time, so if Malcom is included in the art assets somewhere it will only be a matter of time before someone figures out a way to get him into the game.

I'd like to see the entire "Thunder Crash" team available in game.

Comment

Malcolm is in the UT3 Manual

Malcolm is in the Manual on Page 24
                  From looking at the "UTCustomChar.ini" file I would say he is not in the game as a playable character at the moment.

Comment

I would suspect Malcolm is in the game but has to be unlocked through a code to use him. I say this beause I got an e-mail from GAME, where i pre-ordered UT3 SE and got unlock codes for two characters.

Considering we were told of only one bonus unlockable, it would make sense there are more now that more than one unlockable has been revealed. I dunno if everyone will have those same two, or one the same and one other random though.

Comment

i doubt it because then you would be able to unlock him in the ini files.

Comment

Originally posted by PigBush View Post
                        I would suspect Malcolm is in the game but has to be unlocked through a code to use him. I say this beause I got an e-mail from GAME, where i pre-ordered UT3 SE and got unlock codes for two characters.
                        You could be correct but anyone can unlock those two characters in there "UTCustomChar.ini" file by changing bLocked="true" to false
                        I got the same email from GAME with the codes.

The difference is that the 2 unlockable charaters are referenced in that .ini file the malcolm character is not.

Comment

i wonder if ur code starts with P and other one starts with J ? caz i pre-oedered myn from Game too and yeah Malcome isn't in there but if UT3.exe can change the UTCustomChar.ini code bLocked="true" // or "false" then it probably can add Malcome in it when u reach some place in the game or maybe he is there under false name or something btw, i have unlocked the char but still saying bLocked="true" for all of them

Comment

Originally posted by Barzin3D View Post
                            i wonder if ur code starts with P and other one starts with J ? caz i pre-oedered myn from Game too and yeah Malcome isn't in there but if UT3.exe can change the UTCustomChar.ini code bLocked="true" // or "false" then it probably can add Malcome in it when u reach some place in the game or maybe he is there under false name or something btw, i have unlocked the char but still saying bLocked="true" for all of them
                            You can't play as Malcom in UT3. Maybe they will add him in a bonuspack later.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Dixon View Post
                              You could be correct but anyone can unlock those two characters in there "UTCustomChar.ini" file by changing bLocked="true" to false
                              I got the same email from GAME with the codes.

The difference is that the 2 unlockable charaters are referenced in that .ini file the malcolm character is not.
                              I have done that for all chars, and now I have many chars. But there's only a 4-5 different avatars for them, and I there's only about the same amount of models.

How can I fix this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X