I can't wait until people learn how to effectively use the NightShade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until people learn how to effectively use the NightShade

I love shielding nodes, although, tonight I saw somone trying to heal a node who didn't realize the shield was blocking his fire.

Really though. This thing should make for some really interesting tactics. Especially when youget more than one going. I can just imagine a team of fortifying the hell out of an area.

Seems in some maps where the cores are shielded by surrounding structure you can put the shield so no one can shoot at the core.

Comment

I haven't tried shielding a core, but it's probable. You'd have to get above it (or below it if possible), or inside. However the shields do go away after a while.. and I'd imagine you can take them down if you destroy the mini-"node" it eminates from. The shield itself may even take damage normally. I also don't know if it goes away faster if you destroy the person/nightshade who deployed it.

I'll have to do some more expirimenting with it.

Comment

I know for sure that on Necris Islander you can deploy the shield in both bases so the core is impossible to shoot in the vehicle one, and near impossible in the turret one, you'd have to swim in the electric water to pass the shield which kills you quite quickly, perhaps a triple rocket + 1/2 more, the shield can be laid again as soon as it vanishes, so you can rise and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
          I know for sure that on Necris Islander you can deploy the shield in both bases so the core is impossible to shoot in the vehicle one, and near impossible in the turret one, you'd have to swim in the electric water to pass the shield which kills you quite quickly, perhaps a triple rocket + 1/2 more, the shield can be laid again as soon as it vanishes, so you can rise and repeat.
          I guess now that I think about it, I've never tried walking through an enemy's shield, but I was under the impression that you could walk straight through the shield, that it simply blocked weapon-fire? I could've sworn I'd seen enemies walking through my own shields.

Comment

You can walk through, but on Necris Islander the cores are inside structures you can't enter, so if you put the shield right you can't shoot at the core in the vehicle base, and you'd have to swim in the electric water in the turret base.

Comment

You can walk through, but on Necris Islander the cores are inside structures you can't enter, so if you put the shield right you can't shoot at the core in the vehicle base, and you'd have to swim in the electric water in the turret base.
              Hm, I'll have to play with that some. I haven't played Islander very much yet.

Comment

Played through it some. You're totally right. That's fairly ridiculous.
                Although I was unable to get a nightshade into the turret base, I wouldn't put it past somone to figure out a way to do so.

Something else to be fixed for the patch, I guess.

Comment

Just blow the barricades with shape charges (spawns in the middle of the map) or the deemer (spawns on the small island, visible on the map as a o- structure, you can go there using the hoverboard but you can't jump up on it without boots (haven't seen any of that map) so I guess you need to take the air node and take a raptor there to get it.

Comment

nightshades have barricades? lol wat other deployables are there?

Comment

Madmanxan: no they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                        nightshades have barricades? lol wat other deployables are there?
                        No, there are barricades in one of the maps. He was saying you could get a nightshade into the base if you blew them up.

The nightshades deployables are:

Spider Mine trap
                        Slow Volume Cube (a big transparent cube that slows down things that pass through it)
                        EMP Mine
                        Energy Shield

Comment

The deployables have to be spaced really far out, so there won't be all that much fortifying going on in the same area.

The Nightshade is an extremely cool vehicle despite that, though.

Comment

not that far.. you can pretty effectively defend an area if you do it properly. you just have to make proper use of choke points and etc

also really fun is that you can lay the emp mines on health spawns and they're almost invisible if you don't know they're there

Comment

Spider mines on health spawns is even more fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X