Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Xbox360 Controller Support (How-To)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still NO Vibration....

Originally posted by TPSFan View Post
    OK. Here are some things you might want to change in the UTGame.ini file to customize your controller experience:

(Use the "Find" feature in Notepad to go directly to these entries)

Change bRemoveOnPC=1 to bRemoveOnPC=0

Once you save the file, load up UT3, and look in the "Settings" Menu where you normally set your Mouse sensitivity. There will be new sliders for your controllers sensitivity and a check box for Controller Vibration (Force Feedback).
    ..........with the Xbox 360 wired/wireless controller, with Win XP or Vista 64-bit with patch #5 and the above recommended UTGame.ini edits?

TPSFan are you getting any vibration feedback or is this a lost cause for the PC version?

Any help appreciated :-)

Comment

ok call me a dumba** but where am i supposed to enter these codes? I'm sure it'll work but i dont know where to enter them? be specific. remember I'm a smart cookie. Thanks.

Comment

look here:

C:\Documents and Settings\*your name*\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

inside the Config folder you will find the UTInput.ini

Comment

For those unaware:
          This setting adds your controller's inputs icons to the UI, I don't play with a controller, so I don't know if the buttons function as they appear by default.
          Game.ini

Code:
          [UTGame.UTUIDataStore_StringAliasMap]
          FakePlatform=1
          "2" is for playstation style icons

Comment

does anyone know how to set up a new control scheme for when you enter a vehicle?

Comment

Holy **** someone used the search button!

Comment

Originally posted by polemos View Post
                does anyone know how to set up a new control scheme for when you enter a vehicle?
                Forgot how to

Comment

I have a good question. How do you change from Main Cannon to mini turret in the Goliath (same with Darkwalker) with these settings?

Comment

I've played UT3 on the PS3 for 6+ years using the pad+mouse combo method (PS3 controller + MX518). You simply use the pad with your left hand (resting the right side of the pad on your leg) and you use the mouse with your right. (like the old split-fish controllers)

Combining the two methods works well, (although maybe more so for the PS3 tbh). I only ever played DM/TDM/Duel so I never used all the buttons, but they are still fully configurable this way.

I installed UT3 on my laptop a few days ago and plugged in an old xbox360 pad and set it up as I would on the PS3. It plays well, but I can see why using a keyboard is better than a pad now. lol ;0)

Comment

the "afterglow" xbox controller seems very popular [at least in the uk]
                      also it is simply plug and play, i tried it with BioShock 1 & 2 PC, worked perfect with no need to do anything.
                      I haven't tried it with UT3 yet. might try it sometime

PS3 controller works for PC aswel so i could try that and give feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X