Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Xbox360 Controller Support (How-To)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone direct me to what these lines of code mean? Not even all of them, im just unsure as to what Bindings is for and why is XboxTypeS. I know thats the 360 controller but TypeS???

Comment

Anyone try setting jump to the click in right thumbstick. I used this all the time in Unreal Championship. It works great since you would normally jump with that thumb anyway, but you can still aim while jumping.

Give it a try.

Comment

CHECK EACH LINE. THE FORUM INSERTS RANDOM SPACES BETWEEN COMMAND NAMES. DELETE THOSE SPACES AFTER YOU PASTE THE TEXT.
        Code:
        It works better if you use code tags than quote tags.
        You might want to edit your original post and change the quote tags to code tags.

Comment

I plugged in my remote, then the light went out

-EJon

Comment

Originally posted by Newbyhere View Post
            Can anyone direct me to what these lines of code mean? Not even all of them, im just unsure as to what Bindings is for and why is XboxTypeS. I know thats the 360 controller but TypeS???

Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks so much for this!

I was wondering if there was a way to get a sensitivity on the movement analog stick, just like the aim/look analog stick.

Is this possible without having to go into .uc files?

Comment

I have a better control setup... for ut3's fast-paced gameplay you absolutely NEED it to be this way or similar.

Left Joystick = move
                Right Joystick = look
                Left Joystick press = Show Objective Path
                Right Joystick press = Translocator/Hoverboard

R. Trigger = fire
                L. Trigger = alt fire
                R. Shoulder = jump
                L. Shoulder = Duck

A = Feign Death
                B = use
                Y = best weapon
                X = Vehicle Horn

Dpad left = minimap
                Dpad down = voice chat
                Dpad up = voice menu
                Dpad right = Thirdperson

Start = menu
                Back = show scores

This setup also allows you to use the horn, thirdperson, objective path, AND feign death!

Comment

Why don't you just use SwitchBlade?

Comment

Originally posted by THE_SPELUNKER View Post
                    I have a better control setup... for ut3's fast-paced gameplay you absolutely NEED it to be this way or similar.

R. Shoulder = jump
                    L. Shoulder = Duck
                    I am coming more from the Halo 3 Bumper Jumper setting which places jump on Left Shoulder and crouch on Left Joy Click. I reserve the Right Shoulder for Next Weapon. Either way, I agree that jump absolutely has to be a button in the "home" position.

As a side note, I pray that the 360 version of UT3 provides full button map customization. Like you say, I *NEED* my jump button to be a shoulder button.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrage View Post
                      Even if I change the settings it's not affecting my sensitivity, don'T know why and I would like to figure why.

MODIF: I found how, just modify the look scale and it's fine.
                      Can someone elaborate more on this please? I'm having the same problem but I'm not sure what he means by Look Scale.

Comment

Is there any way possible to adjust the sensitivity or atleast bind dodging on the controller? Dodging is almost impossible to do with the joystick. Any further information will be greatly appreciated .

Comment

Can you help me with the left trigger code as im a Southpaw player I would much appreciate it.

Being a long time console gamer its kinda hard getting used to the keyboard for me so this is great! thanks

Comment

the person who is inquiring why it's called XboxtypeS.
                            i don't know if this is relevant, but the original Xbox came with a controller that was so large only people with huge hands could hold it normally. after that they released a new smaller one: the Controller type S. i think that's where it came from, because they now only sell them in one size with the new 360.

people who are asking what to do with dodge, i believe the Xbox will get the same system as the PS3 which uses the jump button to dodge as well. don't know how that works though, maybe you can script something to do a dodge if you do move left+ jump= dodge.

Comment

is there a way to enable vibration? UT3 became one f my fafourite games (well, actually THE favourite game) since I ahve two XBOX 360 wireless controllers for split-screen, but there's no vibration yet. I enabled the vibration-checkbox but dont't feel anything, even if i get blown up by a rocket. What do i ahve to change?

Comment

I installed patch 3 and it recognized the 360 controler completely but as the poster above said in not getting any rumble feedback even after putting the vibration option on in the settings, anyone getting rumble with this game ?

Comment

Working...
                                X