Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Xbox360 Controller Support (How-To)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Can someone let me know what tool I could use to find out what commands I should map for my PS3 controller. When I go into the game and try to press a button on the controller to remap keys nothing happens.
    I am really interested to find out how you got the commands like XboxTypeS_DPad_Down instead of "button 10" or whatever Windows shows you the command is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hm I can move with my controller now, but the buttons do not work, to I have to configure them manually?

btw: the menu is much better with gamepad

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, i've tried all of this and still can't get it to work.
    Could you upload your file for us please? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    u have to change it here:

E:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

i would post mine but i walk with the buttons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    could you please place your UTInput.ini file up for download? its not working for me either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    did you try to copy the set of bindings from the first page to your UTInput.ini under the [Engine.PlayerInput].

thats how it worked for me. ill install patch 1 now and see if it still works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Support

I've followed the instructions and I have the sensitivity sliders working and made all the changes in the UTEngline.ini file but still no luck. The controller doesn't work at all!

I'm using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for Windows via a xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

Any help/ideas about how to get my controller working in UT3?

Thanks in advance!

Charlie

n.b
    I just noticed that this managed to get my other wirelss controller (logitech wireless rumblepad) working (partly). So i'm close but confused why the extra code you posted made that work and not the xbox controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok i did everything on the list, i get movement on the menus even when the game starts I can fly around the area b4 game starts but none of the commands work or any of the keys on the controller. I have to use the mouse to hit fire to continue, but even then i still get no commands off the buttons on the controller. I went into the games menu and assigned the keys which seem to take, because it list the button when I assign it, but once the game starts still no keys..... would it be possible for you to post the file or email me the file?

Thanks

Im running Vista if that helps. Xbox 360 controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Somian View Post
    hm yeah, but this way cannot walk slowly, the game stillg ets the WASD information.
    I don't think they actually coded in varying analog movement speeds.

This is the one area where a controller beats a keyboard and mouse as far as movement: Game like "Splinter Cell" and others where you need different speeds of movement and not just run, or walk. This is much closer to replicating real world movement for obvious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hm yeah, but this way cannot walk slowly, the game stillg ets the WASD information.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can also use this free software as well. I use and it works great.
    http://xpadder.com/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EpiTome View Post
    jesus your like a machine
    lol
    the invert option in the game is for the mouse...its not affecting the controller
    Err, the language is kinda unnecessary.

Anyhow, thanks TPSFan for all the help regarding this issue - as I'm sure to speak on behalf of all gamepad users struggling with this ordeal.

Finally, it feels great to have UT3 up-and-running with the control scheme I prefer and all hope was not lost. Thankfully there always seems to be a work-a-round.

Let's just hope that Epic takes notice and addresses this issue in the future (hopefully with a patch of some sort). Now all I need is to upgrade my graphics card and CPU to experience UT3 in all its visual glory.

Geez, this game really taxes the system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EpiTome View Post
    the invert option in the game is for the mouse...its not affecting the controller
    There is a invert controller tick box IF you activated the controller settings for the main menu detailed in a previous post.

If not, simply add Invert=-1 to the following line:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3")
    It should look like this:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3 Invert=-1")

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jesus your like a machine
    lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For example, I can no longer access the Menu with either the Escape key or the Start button on the controller?
    Here are some of the actual root commands (not GBA aliases) I used to map mine in the first post of this thread. They can also be used for regular keyboard keys too:

Scoreboard:
    Command="SetShowScores true | Onrelease SetShowScores false"

Main Menu:
    Command="|onrelease showmenu"
    People have been asking on other threads about some of these for normal key mapping, so here they are:

Mic Button (Push to Talk):

Command="ToggleSpeaking true | OnRelease ToggleSpeaking false"

Translocator:
    Command="ToggleTranslocator"
    I'm working on a "Walk" button because it's listed, but it doesn't actually do what it says. This might be because it was replaced with a crouching function (double tap forward twice).

im almost there, for some reason my dpad is inverted...ive switched it in the game and it didnt help...when i hit up my guy moves back and when i hit down he moves forward...left and right are fine, its just forward and back that isnt acting right
    You have to invert your Y axis.

You can do this in the .ini files, or if you activated the menu settings there is (now) a check box for that. Tick it and you should have normal movement.

f I did this would I HAVE to use the 360 controller all of the time? Can I switch in between whenever I want? If so, how please cause I thought attempting to do this would have to mess around with the files or w/e.
    Yes.

You can use all three simultaneously, or in any combination.

*KB+Mouse+Controller
    *Controller+Keyboard
    *Mouse+Controller

Just keep your KB & Mouse settings at the default to be sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X