Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Xbox360 Controller Support (How-To)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hm yeah, but this way cannot walk slowly, the game stillg ets the WASD information.

Comment

Originally posted by Somian View Post
      hm yeah, but this way cannot walk slowly, the game stillg ets the WASD information.
      I don't think they actually coded in varying analog movement speeds.

This is the one area where a controller beats a keyboard and mouse as far as movement: Game like "Splinter Cell" and others where you need different speeds of movement and not just run, or walk. This is much closer to replicating real world movement for obvious reasons.

Comment

Ok i did everything on the list, i get movement on the menus even when the game starts I can fly around the area b4 game starts but none of the commands work or any of the keys on the controller. I have to use the mouse to hit fire to continue, but even then i still get no commands off the buttons on the controller. I went into the games menu and assigned the keys which seem to take, because it list the button when I assign it, but once the game starts still no keys..... would it be possible for you to post the file or email me the file?

Thanks

Im running Vista if that helps. Xbox 360 controller.

Comment

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Support

I've followed the instructions and I have the sensitivity sliders working and made all the changes in the UTEngline.ini file but still no luck. The controller doesn't work at all!

I'm using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for Windows via a xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

Any help/ideas about how to get my controller working in UT3?

Thanks in advance!

Charlie

n.b
          I just noticed that this managed to get my other wirelss controller (logitech wireless rumblepad) working (partly). So i'm close but confused why the extra code you posted made that work and not the xbox controller.

Comment

did you try to copy the set of bindings from the first page to your UTInput.ini under the [Engine.PlayerInput].

thats how it worked for me. ill install patch 1 now and see if it still works.

Comment

could you please place your UTInput.ini file up for download? its not working for me either.

Comment

u have to change it here:

E:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

i would post mine but i walk with the buttons.

Comment

Ok, i've tried all of this and still can't get it to work.
                  Could you upload your file for us please? Thanks

Comment

hm I can move with my controller now, but the buttons do not work, to I have to configure them manually?

btw: the menu is much better with gamepad

Comment

Can someone let me know what tool I could use to find out what commands I should map for my PS3 controller. When I go into the game and try to press a button on the controller to remap keys nothing happens.
                      I am really interested to find out how you got the commands like XboxTypeS_DPad_Down instead of "button 10" or whatever Windows shows you the command is.

Comment

I love playing with a keyboard and mouse, and figured out how to configure my controls for the 360 controller. But how do I adjust the sensitivity? In the settings menu in game, there is a "Mouse Sensitivity" option to tweak to your liking, but it doesnt affect the joystick sensitivity....Can I make it more responsive? It's extremely hard to snipe or be precise with the 360 controller, and I am WAAY more experienced with it than mouse and keyboard, but with the current settings I own WAY more with the keyboard and mouse because the joystick is jumpy not smooth. If I barely tilt the joystick, it will zoom a good half inch across my screen, and it's hard to be precise with it in such a fast paced game.... If someone can tell me how to tweak to sensitivity to the equivalent to the PS3 responsiveness, that'd be great. But if you could tell me how to custom tweak it to my liking that'd be AWESOME. Thanks

Comment

I have been using gamepads with UT3 since It was released. So far I tested it with an xbox 360 wireless controller with an xbox 360 USB reciever. I also tested it with the Logitech cordless rumblepad 2. It works with both of them but the Logitech requires you to do a little more programming. The 360 controller is easier to set up and worth it if you own crysis since the only gamepad you can play it with is the 360's. The logitech has a great programming feature where you can assign any key or mouse button to the controllers buttons, so basicly you can play any game with it. Anyway, to setup the 360 controller you just launch the game, go to settings/input/keys, click on any action on the list, then when it reads select a command, just press any action (button/stick movement) on the controller that you want to set the game to do instead of the default. Im sorry if this is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by dsd90 View Post
                            I have been using gamepads with UT3 since It was released. So far I tested it with an xbox 360 wireless controller with an xbox 360 USB reciever. I also tested it with the Logitech cordless rumblepad 2. It works with both of them but the Logitech requires you to do a little more programming. The 360 controller is easier to set up and worth it if you own crysis since the only gamepad you can play it with is the 360's. The logitech has a great programming feature where you can assign any key or mouse button to the controllers buttons, so basicly you can play any game with it. Anyway, to setup the 360 controller you just launch the game, go to settings/input/keys, click on any action on the list, then when it reads select a command, just press any action (button/stick movement) on the controller that you want to set the game to do instead of the default. Im sorry if this is confusing.
                            I figured that out, and had my 360 controller working last night, but I need to know how to adjust the responsiveness of the control. Not how to bind functions to the buttons...

Here's my layout BTW(I think it works very well):
                            • Fire-Right trigger
                            • Alternate Fire-Left Trigger
                            • Previous Weapon-Left Bumper
                            • Next Weapon- Right Bumper
                            • Feign Death-"Y" button
                            • Use Hoverboard/ equip Translocator- "X" button
                            • Use vehicles,turrets, etc.- "B" button
                            • Jump-"A" button
                            • Crouch-Click left stick in
                            • Taunt ("hip thrusting" at the end of a match)- Click in right stick.
                            • Switch to Best Weapon- "Back" button (I dont use it very often, but it's there when I need it)
                            And the standard stick layout...

EDIT: I also use the Wireless reciever, and it works great...Although I was playing the DiRT demo(racing game that supports the 360 controller out of the box), and I did get about a half second of lag between when I was tilting the left stick to the right, and the car actually starting to turn (you can also apply this lag to all the other functions, making it difficult to navigate tricky corners and such, although I do have DiRT for the 360 so, the only reason I downloaded the demo was to see how well I could run it, and how good the controller support was)

Comment

Wow...disregard everything I've posted, I was certain I read through all of the pages but apparently not..On page 2 theres full instructions on how to enable the sensitivity options in UT3's setting's menu....I edited the file, started up UT3, and the sensitivity settings are great...

Comment

Even if I change the settings it's not affecting my sensitivity, don'T know why and I would like to figure why.

MODIF: I found how, just modify the look scale and it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X