Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Xbox360 Controller Support (How-To)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Hyrage View Post
    Even if I change the settings it's not affecting my sensitivity, don'T know why and I would like to figure why.

MODIF: I found how, just modify the look scale and it's fine.
    Can someone elaborate more on this please? I'm having the same problem but I'm not sure what he means by Look Scale.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by THE_SPELUNKER View Post
    I have a better control setup... for ut3's fast-paced gameplay you absolutely NEED it to be this way or similar.

R. Shoulder = jump
    L. Shoulder = Duck
    I am coming more from the Halo 3 Bumper Jumper setting which places jump on Left Shoulder and crouch on Left Joy Click. I reserve the Right Shoulder for Next Weapon. Either way, I agree that jump absolutely has to be a button in the "home" position.

As a side note, I pray that the 360 version of UT3 provides full button map customization. Like you say, I *NEED* my jump button to be a shoulder button.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why don't you just use SwitchBlade?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a better control setup... for ut3's fast-paced gameplay you absolutely NEED it to be this way or similar.

Left Joystick = move
    Right Joystick = look
    Left Joystick press = Show Objective Path
    Right Joystick press = Translocator/Hoverboard

R. Trigger = fire
    L. Trigger = alt fire
    R. Shoulder = jump
    L. Shoulder = Duck

A = Feign Death
    B = use
    Y = best weapon
    X = Vehicle Horn

Dpad left = minimap
    Dpad down = voice chat
    Dpad up = voice menu
    Dpad right = Thirdperson

Start = menu
    Back = show scores

This setup also allows you to use the horn, thirdperson, objective path, AND feign death!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks so much for this!

I was wondering if there was a way to get a sensitivity on the movement analog stick, just like the aim/look analog stick.

Is this possible without having to go into .uc files?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Newbyhere View Post
    Can anyone direct me to what these lines of code mean? Not even all of them, im just unsure as to what Bindings is for and why is XboxTypeS. I know thats the 360 controller but TypeS???

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I plugged in my remote, then the light went out

-EJon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CHECK EACH LINE. THE FORUM INSERTS RANDOM SPACES BETWEEN COMMAND NAMES. DELETE THOSE SPACES AFTER YOU PASTE THE TEXT.
    Code:
    It works better if you use code tags than quote tags.
    You might want to edit your original post and change the quote tags to code tags.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone try setting jump to the click in right thumbstick. I used this all the time in Unreal Championship. It works great since you would normally jump with that thumb anyway, but you can still aim while jumping.

Give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone direct me to what these lines of code mean? Not even all of them, im just unsure as to what Bindings is for and why is XboxTypeS. I know thats the 360 controller but TypeS???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even if I change the settings it's not affecting my sensitivity, don'T know why and I would like to figure why.

MODIF: I found how, just modify the look scale and it's fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow...disregard everything I've posted, I was certain I read through all of the pages but apparently not..On page 2 theres full instructions on how to enable the sensitivity options in UT3's setting's menu....I edited the file, started up UT3, and the sensitivity settings are great...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dsd90 View Post
    I have been using gamepads with UT3 since It was released. So far I tested it with an xbox 360 wireless controller with an xbox 360 USB reciever. I also tested it with the Logitech cordless rumblepad 2. It works with both of them but the Logitech requires you to do a little more programming. The 360 controller is easier to set up and worth it if you own crysis since the only gamepad you can play it with is the 360's. The logitech has a great programming feature where you can assign any key or mouse button to the controllers buttons, so basicly you can play any game with it. Anyway, to setup the 360 controller you just launch the game, go to settings/input/keys, click on any action on the list, then when it reads select a command, just press any action (button/stick movement) on the controller that you want to set the game to do instead of the default. Im sorry if this is confusing.
    I figured that out, and had my 360 controller working last night, but I need to know how to adjust the responsiveness of the control. Not how to bind functions to the buttons...

Here's my layout BTW(I think it works very well):
    • Fire-Right trigger
    • Alternate Fire-Left Trigger
    • Previous Weapon-Left Bumper
    • Next Weapon- Right Bumper
    • Feign Death-"Y" button
    • Use Hoverboard/ equip Translocator- "X" button
    • Use vehicles,turrets, etc.- "B" button
    • Jump-"A" button
    • Crouch-Click left stick in
    • Taunt ("hip thrusting" at the end of a match)- Click in right stick.
    • Switch to Best Weapon- "Back" button (I dont use it very often, but it's there when I need it)
    And the standard stick layout...

EDIT: I also use the Wireless reciever, and it works great...Although I was playing the DiRT demo(racing game that supports the 360 controller out of the box), and I did get about a half second of lag between when I was tilting the left stick to the right, and the car actually starting to turn (you can also apply this lag to all the other functions, making it difficult to navigate tricky corners and such, although I do have DiRT for the 360 so, the only reason I downloaded the demo was to see how well I could run it, and how good the controller support was)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been using gamepads with UT3 since It was released. So far I tested it with an xbox 360 wireless controller with an xbox 360 USB reciever. I also tested it with the Logitech cordless rumblepad 2. It works with both of them but the Logitech requires you to do a little more programming. The 360 controller is easier to set up and worth it if you own crysis since the only gamepad you can play it with is the 360's. The logitech has a great programming feature where you can assign any key or mouse button to the controllers buttons, so basicly you can play any game with it. Anyway, to setup the 360 controller you just launch the game, go to settings/input/keys, click on any action on the list, then when it reads select a command, just press any action (button/stick movement) on the controller that you want to set the game to do instead of the default. Im sorry if this is confusing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love playing with a keyboard and mouse, and figured out how to configure my controls for the 360 controller. But how do I adjust the sensitivity? In the settings menu in game, there is a "Mouse Sensitivity" option to tweak to your liking, but it doesnt affect the joystick sensitivity....Can I make it more responsive? It's extremely hard to snipe or be precise with the 360 controller, and I am WAAY more experienced with it than mouse and keyboard, but with the current settings I own WAY more with the keyboard and mouse because the joystick is jumpy not smooth. If I barely tilt the joystick, it will zoom a good half inch across my screen, and it's hard to be precise with it in such a fast paced game.... If someone can tell me how to tweak to sensitivity to the equivalent to the PS3 responsiveness, that'd be great. But if you could tell me how to custom tweak it to my liking that'd be AWESOME. Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X