Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Xbox360 Controller Support (How-To)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so exactly where in the engine ini did you put "AllowJoystickInput=1" ??

Comment

Great, have been waiting for this.

Anyway, Now we need to find a way to make dodge work like it works on Unreal Championship 2 / Gears of war, by pressing a direction on the thumbstick and the jumping.

It's nearly impossible to time the dodges in an analog stick ¬¬

I had a look at gears of war's config file but it turned nothing out.. I will try and check UC2 config files when I get the chance to see if I can find a alias for making this work.

Another problem.

Since UT3 has around 10+ weapons, using nextweapon/prevweapon gets really frustrating at some times, i tried to bind weapons by type

Exemple:
      Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",Command="GetW eapon 3 | GetWeapon 8 | GetWeapon 9")
      Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",Command="Get Weapon 4 | GetWeapon 7 | GetWeapon 10")

that would have the d pad left switching between the biorifle, flak, and rocket and the d pad right to the shock rifle, minigun and sniper. It used to work back in UT99/UT2 but doesn't work in ut3, using "SwitchWeapon" doesn't work as well since it would change only to the last weapon on the command line =/

If anyone could help me with this I would be thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackOmega View Post

Another problem.

Since UT3 has around 10+ weapons, using nextweapon/prevweapon gets really frustrating at some times, i tried to bind weapons by type

Exemple:
        Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",Command="GetW eapon 3 | GetWeapon 8 | GetWeapon 9")
        Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",Command="Get Weapon 4 | GetWeapon 7 | GetWeapon 10")

that would have the d pad left switching between the biorifle, flak, and rocket and the d pad right to the shock rifle, minigun and sniper. It used to work back in UT99/UT2 but doesn't work in ut3, using "SwitchWeapon" doesn't work as well since it would change only to the last weapon on the command line =/

If anyone could help me with this I would be thankful.
        They changed the bindings.

It's all there. You just have to have patience and time to go through everything and see what you want to bind to what.

HINT:

switchweapon 1
        switchweapon 2
        Etc.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by EpiTome View Post
            I'm trying to figure this out as well. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

UTEngine.ini

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
              AudioDeviceClass=ALAudio.ALAudioDevice
              MinAllowableResolutionX=0
              MinAllowableResolutionY=0
              MaxAllowableResolutionX=0
              MaxAllowableResolutionY=0
              MinAllowableRefreshRate=0
              MaxAllowableRefreshRate=0
              ParanoidDeviceLostChecking=1
              AllowJoystickInput=0
              Change 0 to "1".

Comment

awe man thanks...i wouldve never found that!

Comment

Well, I finally got the 360 controller to work - and I must say, it works even better than anticipated. Anyhow, I tried binding controls with the gamepad in the "configure keys" menu... and the menu recognized each button press on the controller.

For example, it would say "Joystick 5" for Jump. However, the game wouldn't recognize these bindings when I entered a match. Therefore, it looks as if all the tweaking needs to be done via the UserInput.ini notepad.

Yep, it's kind of a pain, especially when you're not sure what exactly to type? For example, I can no longer access the Menu with either the Escape key or the Start button on the controller? These little details are frustrating.

Comment

im almost there, for some reason my dpad is inverted...ive switched it in the game and it didnt help...when i hit up my guy moves back and when i hit down he moves forward...left and right are fine, its just forward and back that isnt acting right

Comment

I have a question if someone could possibly answer please

If I did this would I HAVE to use the 360 controller all of the time? Can I switch in between whenever I want? If so, how please cause I thought attempting to do this would have to mess around with the files or w/e.

Thanks

Comment

For example, I can no longer access the Menu with either the Escape key or the Start button on the controller?
                        Here are some of the actual root commands (not GBA aliases) I used to map mine in the first post of this thread. They can also be used for regular keyboard keys too:

Scoreboard:
                        Command="SetShowScores true | Onrelease SetShowScores false"

Main Menu:
                        Command="|onrelease showmenu"
                        People have been asking on other threads about some of these for normal key mapping, so here they are:

Mic Button (Push to Talk):

Command="ToggleSpeaking true | OnRelease ToggleSpeaking false"

Translocator:
                        Command="ToggleTranslocator"
                        I'm working on a "Walk" button because it's listed, but it doesn't actually do what it says. This might be because it was replaced with a crouching function (double tap forward twice).

im almost there, for some reason my dpad is inverted...ive switched it in the game and it didnt help...when i hit up my guy moves back and when i hit down he moves forward...left and right are fine, its just forward and back that isnt acting right
                        You have to invert your Y axis.

You can do this in the .ini files, or if you activated the menu settings there is (now) a check box for that. Tick it and you should have normal movement.

f I did this would I HAVE to use the 360 controller all of the time? Can I switch in between whenever I want? If so, how please cause I thought attempting to do this would have to mess around with the files or w/e.
                        Yes.

You can use all three simultaneously, or in any combination.

*KB+Mouse+Controller
                        *Controller+Keyboard
                        *Mouse+Controller

Just keep your KB & Mouse settings at the default to be sure.

Comment

jesus your like a machine
                          lol
                          the invert option in the game is for the mouse...its not affecting the controller

Comment

the invert option in the game is for the mouse...its not affecting the controller
                            There is a invert controller tick box IF you activated the controller settings for the main menu detailed in a previous post.

If not, simply add Invert=-1 to the following line:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3")
                            It should look like this:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3 Invert=-1")

Comment

jesus your like a machine
                              lol
                              Err, the language is kinda unnecessary.

Anyhow, thanks TPSFan for all the help regarding this issue - as I'm sure to speak on behalf of all gamepad users struggling with this ordeal.

Finally, it feels great to have UT3 up-and-running with the control scheme I prefer and all hope was not lost. Thankfully there always seems to be a work-a-round.

Let's just hope that Epic takes notice and addresses this issue in the future (hopefully with a patch of some sort). Now all I need is to upgrade my graphics card and CPU to experience UT3 in all its visual glory.

Geez, this game really taxes the system.

Comment

You can also use this free software as well. I use and it works great.
                                http://xpadder.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X