Random UT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random UT Question

Does playing UT build reflexes and hand-eye coordination in real life?

Since your actively looking out for things, I'm sure it increases your spatial awareness and hand-eye co-ordination, yes.

Doesn't mean you should then go on a real battlefield and try to deathmatch the other side...

Comment

lol probably does something...gives you somethin to do when ur bored and it keeps you having fun for lotsa hours... probably increases hand eye coordination a lil

Comment

So that means I can play UT and build H-E coordination and reflexes for playing sports. Neat.

Comment

LOL! yea, true, i rekon it could. i can tell you, if people grow form n00b to champion, and their aim improves, it has obviously helped coordination and reflex.

thats why pc games are GOOD. console on the other hand only excercises your thumbs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
            LOL! yea, true, i rekon it could. i can tell you, if people grow form n00b to champion, and their aim improves, it has obviously helped coordination and reflex.

thats why pc games are GOOD. console on the other hand only excercises your thumbs lol
            FPS's you mean... MMO's just exercise your cyber-weener :P

Comment

You couldn't be more right, personally any other game than a FPS are for noob, I know RTS are for pro too but... it's not sport. A FPS for me is some kind of sport, it kind of require reflexes and coordination like in true sport activities. So even though I pass for a moron there, FPS are king, other games are for newbs. Sorry it had to get out !

UT is my favorite competetive game and never any game will change that I believe.

Comment

Practicing any hand-eye coordination exercise will increase your hand-eye coordination in real life. Sure, UT is a game, but it's no exception. How else do people start out sucking and get better, yaknow? :-P

Comment

cheating? hax? that makes a person better =d

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
                    console on the other hand only excercises your thumbs
                    You obviously aren't very good at console games.

As for the actual question, it may improve your reflexes, but probably not enough for any purpose other than gaming, as it creates such small reactions. Hand eye coordination I wouldn't even consider. I highly highly doubt it. If you want to get your reflexes and hand eye coordination to be better for practical uses, get your friends to throw tennis balls at your face at random times during the day.

Comment

Watch yourself before u make false accusations...

Originally posted by Skill View Post
                      You obviously aren't very good at console games.
                      owned by your own attitude again.

no, i played console games for a square 5 years, and was pretty danmed good at them.

then i head of PC and left "console kid" behind.

you should do your reseach on who you are trying to own before you have a half - @$$ed attempt. now back to the initial question:

its been scientifically proven that PC games improve reflexes in real life

Comment

All video games increase your visual awareness. Not spacial awareness. For real spacial awareness try a Rubik's cube

Comment

Action Video Games Sharpen Vision 20 Percent

Video games that contain high levels of action, such as Unreal Tournament, can actually improve your vision.

..At the outset, the students were given a crowding test, which measured how well they could discern the orientation of a "T" within a crowd of other distracting symbols—a sort of electronic eye chart. Students were then divided into two groups. The experimental group played Unreal Tournament, a first-person shoot-'em-up action game, for roughly an hour a day. The control group played Tetris, a game equally demanding in terms of motor control, but visually less complex.

After about a month of near-daily gaming, the Tetris players showed no improvement on the test, but the Unreal Tournament players could tell which way the "T" was pointing much more easily than they had just a month earlier.

"When people play action games, they're changing the brain's pathway responsible for visual processing," says Bavelier. "These games push the human visual system to the limits and the brain adapts to it. That learning carries over into other activities and possibly everyday life."
                          http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=2764

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Anaderson View Post
                            BOTH THUMBS UP.

awsome info mate

Comment

Google can provide answers to anything.

It seems pretty obvious that exercising a skill improves it. I certainly find my real-life circle-strafing and hammer-jumping skills improve a lot after playing UT.

Comment

Working...
                              X