Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY fps is down in the retail version by 50%!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY fps is down in the retail version by 50%!!

My fps went down 50% in the release version. I have texture at 5 and World detail at 1. Same at the Demo.

In the demo I was getting 65-70 on my fps. In the release version Im only getting 25-35 max fps and im running a Geforce 8800 768 OC with the latest drivers ( Beta ). WTF is up with that? I have not changed anything on my system?

Anyone else see a decrease in the retail version?

This might not be why you're having lesser framerates, but remember that if you're running the game on your computer with bots, the bots will cause dips in fps for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
      This might not be why you're having lesser framerates, but remember that if you're running the game on your computer with bots, the bots will cause dips in fps for some reason.
      Excuse me sir I dont run bots! nor do I play on servers that do.

FYI

Comment

texture detail was capped at 4 in the demo, even if you had 5 set. Try dropping the texture res back to 4 and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
          texture detail was capped at 4 in the demo, even if you had 5 set. Try dropping the texture res back to 4 and see if that helps.
          ok bright back!!

UPDATE!!

That was the trick Thanks Hickeroar!! for that bit of insite!!

I wonder what other issues that can be fixed that we werent told about??? hummmmm ( scratching chin )

Comment

Ill say it again
            The maps in the demo "Videocard friendly" dont compair to the variety in the retail.

You will see a decrease in framerate, if u decide to turn the texture's all the way up. Especially when playing in warfare.
            How much? Who knows, depends on your card.
            Moving the slider all the way to 5 in the demo only used medium. Now if u move it all the way up, its a different story.

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
            Excuse me sir I dont run bots! nor do I play on servers that do.

FYI
            Dont Jump to conclusions.
            Hes talking about ingame bots, not u using one.
            Lol it is funny you said that though, are u really not using bots?

Comment

Originally posted by exil3 View Post
              Ill say it again
              The maps in the demo "Videocard friendly" dont compair to the variety in the retail.

You will see a decrease in framerate, if u decide to turn the texture's all the way up. Especially when playing in warfare.
              How much? Who knows, depends on your card.
              Moving the slider all the way to 5 in the demo only used medium. Now if u move it all the way up, its a different story.
              My lowest framerates in all of UT3 come straight out of Shangri La. They included pretty much the harshest map on videocards in the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by exil3 View Post
                are u really not using bots?
                No I have never liked bots Why? Cuz I dont like playing against an computer. I like playing against humans only. I like the human element!!

Comment

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
                  No I have never liked bots Why? Cuz I dont like playing against an computer. I like playing against humans only. I like the human element!!
                  K well it sounded like u took it a little to personal
                  Well anyways your framerate will drop, playing on server with warfare/vctf with like 32 player and having everything maxed.

Comment

Well my FPS of the retail is like double the demo for me...

with the demo : 1920*1200 with everything on low to reach 30-62 fps
                    with retail : 1920*1200 as well but with everything high for a 62 fps with bots and all

oh and i didnt uncap the fps... ME LIKES IT!

Comment

My lowest framerates in all of UT3 come straight out of Shangri La. They included pretty much the harshest map on videocards in the beta.
                      There are other people complaining
                      "not me" about the retail not running as good as the demo.
                      I disagree about Shangri La.
                      There are maps in the retail the use your systems resources more than Shangri La.

Originally posted by encor View Post
                      Well my FPS of the retail is like double the demo for me...

with the demo : 1920*1200 with everything on low to reach 30-62 fps
                      with retail : 1920*1200 as well but with everything high for a 62 fps with bots and all

oh and i didnt uncap the fps... ME LIKES IT!
                      You could be a little more detailed in your post
                      What maps? acually it dosnt matter, dont really care

There are maps i can get 50FPS with my old x1950 "DM-Gateway "and others that are unplayable "like most warfare maps" with everything maxed.

Comment

Just an FYI the range is between 0 and 4, not 1 and 5, so that is why 4 is the highest you can go. And apparently you can only set it to 4 in the ini file, because in the game if you turn everything up, it only goes as high as 2.

My experience at least.

Comment

Working...
                        X