Is there co-op single player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there co-op single player?

I remember reading that this may be a feature for consoles only.

Is there anyway to play single player with a friend, be it LAN or internet (ala GOW)?

yes, you can play online campain.

Comment

4 player coop. Sorry excuse for a campaign though.

Comment

And in case you were gonna ask (im just saying this caus I think its so awesome xD): people can create custom singe player mods, that can be played coop. Imagine the posibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
          And in case you were gonna ask (im just saying this caus I think its so awesome xD): people can create custom singe player mods, that can be played coop. Imagine the posibilities.
          THAT will be hot.

Comment

I cannot seem to get co-op campaign to work at all. Anyone know any reasons why this would not work? It's not a firewall or anything like that.

Comment

Which part can you not get working? Can you not join? Can you be joined?

Comment

It seems that I cannot join nor be joined, unfortunately. Nor can my friend, Jeremy. We live on opposite sides of the city and would like to play campaign together. We've tried inviting each other to our campaigns via the "invite player" while doing campaign. We've also tried doing the "follow player" from the communities friends list in the main menu. Neither seem to work. What am I doing incorrectly?

Comment

Well, it's probably a routing problem. Both of you should reset your cable/dsl modems as well as any connected routers and try again. I've had that cure problems like this before. Also, make darn sure you don't have firewalls enabled on either of your PCs.

Comment

We've both disable AVG, Windows, PeerGuardian, and our router firewalls, so I do not believe that is it. We'll try resetting the routers and hope that works. I mean, playing through campaign on hard with bots who don't have the coordination two humans can have is a bit tedious. Thanks for the tip. If it doesn't work, I'll be back ;D

Comment

I've had many connection issues with gears of war on PC and 360 that a reset of my cable modem and router fixed.

Comment

And splitscreen does work in multiplayer if you host the game, probably it'd be rather easy to get it to work in single player.

Comment

Well, I've reset my router. Normal multiplayer works just fine. I still cannot seem to connect to _anyone_ that has a public campaign going on. This is so weird, I'd really like to be able to campaign with people. Any other reasons anyone can think of?

Comment

Working...
                          X