Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love this new Slow Kills mutator

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I love this new Slow Kills mutator

    Yeah this makes it seem like I am playing an action movie ... sorta like 300 ... this really makes the game cinematic and is lots of fun as well. Great mutator ... my favorite out of the new bunch so far. Still we need more mutators ... the game didn't ship with that many this time around. Get to work modders who bought the CE version.

    #2
    Hmm, I'm not sure if this mutator was in other UTs, but Unreal Championship 1 had it. It was freaking awesome. Its cool seeing it again.

    Comment


      #3
      Definitely not new. It's been around since UT2003. Maybe earlier if you count the UC games.

      Comment


        #4
        Slow mo death has been around but it was not implemented quite like this .... I really really like how this mutator was implemented. It is so cool ... there is no feature like this is Gears or in Crysis ... man this game really owns Crysis if you ask me.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post
          Slow mo death has been around but it was not implemented quite like this .... I really really like how this mutator was implemented. It is so cool ... there is no feature like this is Gears or in Crysis ... man this game really owns Crysis if you ask me.
          Crysis, imho, was the best singleplayer experience ever created, bar none. Action-movie style story, great graphics, a combination of open-ended gameplay at the beginning, and then awesome scripting and, hell, Aliens before it could get boring. And hell, it's the first FPS that does cutscenes properly.

          UT is obviously the best multiplayer experience ever created. And on that level, Crysis can't touch it. And of course, multiplayer > singleplayer. So, essentially I agree with you. I just wanted to give credit where it's due.

          Comment


            #6
            So what is this Slow Kills mutator anyway? Is it the one where the ragdolls fall to the ground really slowly?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Da Spadger View Post
              So what is this Slow Kills mutator anyway? Is it the one where the ragdolls fall to the ground really slowly?
              Yes. .

              Comment


                #8
                prolly the same slowmo death, as seen in brothers in arms road to hell. it uses the unreal engine 3 and i seen some nice grenade vids with slowmo deaths

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                  Crysis, imho, was the best singleplayer experience ever created, bar none. Action-movie style story, great graphics, a combination of open-ended gameplay at the beginning, and then awesome scripting and, hell, Aliens before it could get boring. And hell, it's the first FPS that does cutscenes properly.

                  UT is obviously the best multiplayer experience ever created. And on that level, Crysis can't touch it. And of course, multiplayer > singleplayer. So, essentially I agree with you. I just wanted to give credit where it's due.

                  i strongly disagree. Try playing the COD4 single. Its pretty short but it beats the **** outta Crysis' single player experiance. It feels like a movie the entire time.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yes but COD4 is hella scripted, AI is primitive, it's linear, there's no ragdoll. Sure it's tight as hell the firefights are unbelievable and the action is tense but it's far from beating Crysis' presentation, cutscene and graphic wise !

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Shooks` View Post
                      i strongly disagree. Try playing the COD4 single. Its pretty short but it beats the **** outta Crysis' single player experiance. It feels like a movie the entire time.
                      I have never read a more untrue statement. But I guess it's all a matter of opinion. You... did play Crysis, right?

                      And, to OP: thank you for this thread. This mutator + instagib = heaven. And I probably would have taken much longer to try it out.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        i think some of you don't understand this. im pretty sure this mutator wasn't in UT2. When you get a kill, the WHOLE WORLD slows down for 1-2 seconds. not just the corpse falling slowly. everything is slow, even the bullets you fire.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X