Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision

Is there a widescreen mode in UT3, and should I get an LCD... last I heard: CRT > LCD for gaming

Yes, you can run UT3 in widescreen resolutions

CRTs are basically still better for gaming but they take up loads more space (obviously!).
    The newer LCDs with good response times are fine for gaming also.
    If you're looking to buy a new/larger monitor, you might as well make it an LCD.

Comment

Newer LCD's work just fine in my opinion. Older ones just seemed to move a little slower. You also may be getting the wrong idea from people that use flat plasma TV's. Plasma TV's (at least older ones) work at a terrifyingly slow rate. You could end up shooting at something that isn't really even there. O.o

Not to mention how quickly plasma TV's die, in just 10 years your plasma TV can become HALF as bright as it was originally. That's sad!

Comment

I don't mean to be an unhelpful jerk here, but there are literally thousands of websites and forums that cover the CRT vs. LCD for gaming debate. Just use Google.

I will say that I use a widescreen LCD and I like it.

Comment

UT3 supports it very good, but doesnt have the needed FOV options that remain, so once again im forced to use the word fail.

Originally posted by Hubbell Tyson View Post
          Yes, you can run UT3 in widescreen resolutions

CRTs are basically still better for gaming but they take up loads more space (obviously!).
          The newer LCDs with good response times are fine for gaming also.
          If you're looking to buy a new/larger monitor, you might as well make it an LCD.

It is a fact that people with good eyes will see the diffrence bewteen an crt and a 2ms lcd but your eyes used get used to that. You get allot in return and one of those is extreem sharpness, and just like that its something you never had a problem with on a rct because you got used to that aswell.

I have a LG 22" and would never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel7254 View Post
            I don't mean to be an unhelpful jerk here, but there are literally thousands of websites and forums that cover the CRT vs. LCD for gaming debate. Just use Google.

I will say that I use a widescreen LCD and I like it.
            Targeting highly skilled players with good reaction times
            not just any single player game or a game where detailed movement doesn't matter as much as in a competitive match

thanks though, I have been thinking about a LCD widescreen

Comment

Originally posted by Felin View Post
              Targeting highly skilled players with good reaction times
              not just any single player game or a game where detailed movement doesn't matter as much as in a competitive match

thanks though, I have been thinking about a LCD widescreen
              Hey Felin

I got a Dell Wide-screen my self and I by far prefer it over my old CRT. Looking at response times is kinda pointless though, most companies measure the differently.

As for UT3 and Wide-screen, i am not so sure. UE3 cuts you off Vertically so you see less.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...ic.php?t=12602

Comment

Thanks LS

sorry about being a **** before too :x

Comment

Working...
                X