This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
    A remake of HallOfGiants would look awesome with the new engine. And make it a WAR map instead of CTF this time.
    ................. Wtf , HoG is made as an ctf map and it's great. Besides why adding another warfare map since there at 6 ctf and ctf DM. Since those are the most popular gametypes... Focus on adding those kind of maps

I want to see more CTF + DM maps before i even consider buying the game...

Comment

ATTENTION EPIC
      Before you get what you want you gotta give the people what they need...
      I gave you my Money and with it Fame and now you need to Give me something.
      Give me:
      *Let me choose my player Name like in UT2004 and let me use special characters, Andy«de»P.R. <---Thats my Player Name from UT2004, andydepr <---What you only let me choose for name now.You owe me BIG time there fella(please guys I never seen anybody with those special characters since playing in ut04 so please dont copy and use your own when epic let us use them)

*Make the server broser 100,000,000 times more stable,add favorites server and add all the (useful)info you can fit on the same server broser screen

*End Game screen,I want the Chat window and Map vote options on the same Screen at the same time and all the useful info you may fit on this(End Game Screen) Yoou may have like 3 or 4 screen/squares showing(On the same page) The chat window,Map rotation and Map voting,Score and more Info if needed

*Crossplatform Play against/with x360 and mostly against/with PS3

*Tell me how from joining a server as expectator I join the game in progress and how I become an expectator after joinning the game and decide to to quit playing but want to be expectator.

Thats it for now,I know I had more but cant remember now.

Comment

Actually, Hall of Giants would make a cool Warfare map. HOG was awesome fun in UT99...not really a hot competitive map, but like FACE, had a gimmick factor that made pubbing it a blast.

It's been pointed out, but CTF-Vertabrae has kind of that Hall of Giants scale to it, but it's not open like GIANTS. After it was mentioned though, I got to thinking flying Raptors around and launching Scorpions off of ramps would incredibly cool in an HOG slightly low G environment.

Comment

Menus suck. And scoreboard would be nicer if it had all the same things that ut2k4 had (ping, fph). There's just too much stuff that has been removed because the game is coming to console too. It's a shame that pc-players must suffer b/c of console-players (menu and a lot of other stuff is clearcly made so that it can be directly transferred to consoles).... and I think that everyone agrees that you can't seriously play fps-games using a gamepad (yes, that means all you console-gamers out there).

Comment

Originally posted by treach View Post
            There's just too much stuff that has been removed because the game is coming to console too.

Why is it that every thing that people are critical of here is the fault of it coming to console. Are we forgetting when we speak of all the great "UT2003/4" features that have apparently been removed for UT3 that UT2Kx was a PC port of an initially intended console only release...

Oh ya, the original UT was a console game, too...forgot about the PS2 version did we?

Sorry...but this whole "consolized" consipiracy theory is simply a lame attempt to garner support for criticisms people have about the game. The criticisms may or may not be valid in themselves, but I have yet to see any explanation of what "consolized" means. If you're going to make the arguement AT LEAST flesh it out by saying specifically what you are referring to and why exactly you feel that it is a result of the game also being developed for consoles.

And no one here should forget as well that the console market is driving the game industry now anyway...

I think we're lucky action titles like UT3 even see PC releases these days. Consoles are cornering the action games market...

Comment

The original UT was brought to the console by a different team and not Epic. Those ports were way after the release of the actual PC game. So there was 0 focus on a console when the game was being developed. The same goes for UT2003 and 2004. When those were released there was no focus on a console version. Now we have Epic too focused on a console version rather than a PC version which has lead to these problems.

Comment

*Auto kick for idling players.

Please.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
                  Sorry...but this whole "consolized" consipiracy theory is simply a lame attempt to garner support for criticisms people have about the game. The criticisms may or may not be valid in themselves, but I have yet to see any explanation of what "consolized" means. If you're going to make the arguement AT LEAST flesh it out by saying specifically what you are referring to and why exactly you feel that it is a result of the game also being developed for consoles.
                  QFT.

Missing "features" from earlier UTs are simply caused by most of the code being re-written from scratch (like, say, the UI) *and* there not being enough time to re-implement them before the release at thanksnothing...

Is that sooo hard to understand that you can't just magically make source code compatible to a new code base (like, say, Unreal Engine 3) by waving a wand at it?

np: Cobblestone Jazz - Peace Offering (23 Seconds)

Comment

to name but a few....

Complete re-work of the UI - a must
                    Dodge-jump as default
                    All the taunts and announcer comments from UT04
                    More maps
                    Choice of Impact hammer or Shield Gun for a matches in UT3
                    Game modes:
                    Domination
                    Double domination
                    Last man standing
                    Mutant
                    Bomb run
                    etc etc....
                    Revamped Unreal 1 using the unreal3 engine – it’s a classic game. Also please make Unreal 3 and go back to Unreal 1 style.

im sure I could list more!

Comment

Originally posted by sekazi View Post
                      The same goes for UT2003 and 2004. When those were released there was no focus on a console version. Now we have Epic too focused on a console version rather than a PC version which has lead to these problems.
                      Ummm...no.

UT2003 was the PC port of Unreal Championship which was an XBOX exclusive designed as an XBOX live launch title. It was NEVER intended to be a PC game until the delay in the launch of XBOX live added enough additional development time to the cycle to allow Epic and Digital Extremes to split enough resources to port it to PC where they called it UT2003 so as not to violate the "exclusivity" of the Unreal Championship title. The majority of major gaming titles are being co-devoloped as well as ported back and forth PCs and consoles. It's a fact, and it's NOT going to change.

Had a series of delays not happened with Microsoft, we probably wouldn't have UT2003 or UT2004.

UT2003 = PC port of a console exclusive title.

Of course, UT2004 was simply the expansion of the original UT2003 title.

So many of the "features" that were beloved came from a game that was initially designed for consoles only. Poor Hal from BU got flamed for stating this a few weeks back on these forums, but accept it, it's all easily verifiable fact. Even an Epic Mod posted to verify the assertion (for those that didn't realize it). Console vs PC arguments are completely pointless...ESPECIALLY when trying to use UT2003/4 as a background support.

ALSO, as was so elogquently stated a couple of posts back, "taken out" isn't really correct since the game is built from the ground up on the new engine. Everything had to be coded from scratch. "Left Out" or "Undeveloped" features would be more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
                        Ummm...no.

UT2003 was the PC port of Unreal Championship which was an XBOX exclusive designed as an XBOX live launch title. It was NEVER intended to be a PC game until the delay in the launch of XBOX live added enough additional development time to the cycle to allow Epic and Digital Extremes to split enough resources to port it to PC where they called it UT2003 so as not to violate the "exclusivity" of the Unreal Championship title.

Had a series of delays not happened with Microsoft, we probably wouldn't have UT2003 or UT2004.

UT2003 = PC port of a console exclusive title.

Of course, UT2004 was simply the expansion of the original UT2003 title.
                        Well if they could get it right for UT2003 why couldn't they get it right for UT3?

Comment

A better visual for when people grab on to your vehicle when their on the hover board and team voice chat channel ASAP please.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling View Post
                            Well if they could get it right for UT2003 why couldn't they get it right for UT3?
                            It's not the console argument. For every post complaining and ball-busting UT3 right now

Imagine that multiplied by 10, not only in number but in the percentage of negative and bashing posts about the game...
                            That was the community upon the release of UT2003.

Compared to the UT99's community attitude toward 2k3 on release, UT3 is being basically being hailed as a major step forward despite what it lacks on the UI

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fluffy_bunny View Post
                              INTERESTING. Hey btw are u fluffy bunny from the fluffy bunny demo servers in 2k4?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fluffy_bunny View Post
                                to name but a few....

Complete re-work of the UI - a must
                                Dodge-jump as default
                                More maps
                                Game modes:
                                Domination
                                Double domination
                                Last man standing
                                Mutant
                                Bomb run
                                etc etc....
                                Revamped Unreal 1 using the unreal3 engine – it’s a classic game. Also please make Unreal 3 and go back to Unreal 1 style.

im sure I could list more!
                                "Complete re-work of the UI - a must
                                More maps
                                Game modes:
                                Domination
                                Double domination
                                Last man standing
                                Mutant
                                Bomb run
                                etc etc...."

Agree!!! Hey epic!!!! Are you listening??? echoooooo...
                                I dont think theres anybody here...

Wheres my "Yeeeehaaa" Taunt?

Comment

Working...
                                X