X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future UT3 Patches/BonusPacks: Suggestions/Wishes

Hey everyone

Well, the more I read the threads on this forum, the more I realize that despite having made an AMAZING game, Epic has left out or screwed up some minor (and no so minor haha) details to make this game perfect. Luckily, and they have confirmed it, patches and bonus packs will be made to fix and add some of those missing features on top of some cool new things as well. I would like to help them out by placing all your suggestions and wishes for future patches and BPs into one big thread. I'm confident that Epic will fix things and I hope this thread somehow contributes to them knowing what exactly needs to be fixed.

I'll state the obvious first since I'm sure they have heard it a million times:
    Game Menus look and functionality along with some more settings.

Remove the unique username restriction. The email/password combo should be enough to prove uniqueness. Maybe there's no player ID number anymore? A lot of us cannot use the player names we've always used ever since the first UT.

Wierd because my Gamespy alias is Ikaros and I even tried the password reset thing and still can't use Ikaros using the matching email and password - already taken

Comment

No working first person demos is simply fail/10

Comment

-New Menus
        -Server Browser
        -Gorge, Malcolm, Xan and theirs teams
        -Some cool 1on1 Maps from UT2kx

Comment

How about some syrup for my pwncakes?

I'm actually pretty content. Most of my wishlist is covered by what Epic has already committed to adding.

Comment

Besides menus which everyone agrees with there are a few things I like to see to extend gameplay.

Game Modes
            - Bombing Run
            - Classic & Double Domination
            - Invasion (With Unreal 2 Monsters)
            - Last Man Standing
            - Mutant

Mutators:
            - Relics
            - UT2004
            - UT99

Invasion is a must. I really liked that game mode along with the mod for it called VasBioInvasion which was just as good. What is UT without Domination? I did not like Double Domination but the original was the best.

Comment

- I'd say favorites and webadmin ofcourse but has been announced.
              - Then ofcourse the player/eye height, I don't want to be bigger than my enemies, even though it makes the hitboxes harder to hit which is good (more aim training required). Just make the hitboxes smaller and make fix the eyeheight.
              - Copy paste in console (shouldnt take very long to make that).
              - Allowing different kinds of tags, and not just the ones with [] but make it possible to not automatically add [] and make it possible to show the tag behind your name and not before. Or behind and before together even.
              - Make a whitelist of mutators, if you run that mutator the server is still shown as a Pure server. Everybody who's new to the game does not know what Pure server means and just leave it to Yes. Eventually no servers will be left without mutators, or atleast very rare and that makes the game look inactive to new people.

Comment

I want to see the Lighting Gun back in!

Why did they take it away from the game?

Comment

The Lighting Gun is nearly identical to the sniper rifle. So there was no need for it.

Comment

I have one that is not mentioned as much: More CTF maps. I mean, honestly, 6 CTF maps (2 of which are remakes) is rather pitiful. There should have been 8-10 maps for every gametype. I know they're trying to promote warfare, but DM and CTF are the backbone of UT. There are 11 warfare maps. It would have been a lot better if there were maybe 9 warfare maps and 8 CTF maps.

The unfortunate reality of it, though, is that Epic won't be able to come up with new maps before everybody is quite tired of the others. The burden is on the community mapmakers to put out some more maps in the meantime, but I think more CTF maps should be a high priority for Epic in the first Bonus Pack.

Comment

How about a simple and obvious way to disable the white arrows?

Comment

We need to have the sexy/aroused female announcer back! Was we're not getting adrenaline from monsterkills etc anymore, then we have to get at least some reward from getting that far in the spree...

About CTF maps. I still haven't played them, but in case they are all of midhigh to high quality, 6 maps will get us quite far. I don't think any UT (except the total mapcount of UT2k4) has had over 6 good CTF maps from the start. Still, of course we want more maps in a bonuspack. I think the mapcount should be increased from the current 37 (?) to around 50. Especially some good 1on1 maps are needed, and due to their modest size, they should be fast to make. The optimum would be 4-5 new DM maps, 2-3 new CTF maps, 1-2 new vCTF maps and 2-3 new WAR maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                          About CTF maps. I still haven't played them, but in case they are all of midhigh to high quality, 6 maps will get us quite far. I don't think any UT

Vertebrae is complete poopie gameplay-wise. It might be good for low grav players or something, but it won't get played very much I don't think. I know for sure that is completely nonplayable from an instagib standpoint. So that leaves us with 5 maps, and I'm not ready to say all of those are good yet. They certainly look nice, but I haven't played them enough to make up my mind one way or the other. I don't really like Coret, but I have always not liked Coret so I expected as much. I do think it's the least intolerable version of Coret yet, though.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel7254 View Post
                            I know they're trying to promote warfare, but DM and CTF are the backbone of UT.

says who?

maybe in UT99, but one could easily say that Onslaught is the backbone of UT2004...

Comment

I still have over a day to wait so remind me - can you have 1st person view in vehicles in the retail version?

If not, I want that.

I also want what I hope are the last three Necris vehicles that they couldn't get into the release version (a la UT2004 bonus pack)

They also tell me that the only way to save your options and campaign progress is to create a gamespy id and be online when you log into the game with it. I want that gone if its true.

Comment

Working...
                              X