All UI text missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All UI text missing

I installed earlier today and all of the UI text is missing. Where there should be text, there's nothing. If it was a hardware issue or driver isse, wouldn't the demo have been the same? The demo's UI was just dandy.

I forgot to mention - I find the CD's filesystem label a bit disconcerting... "UT3_RC7". Release Candidate 7? Shouldn't it just be 1.0 / Final / etc?

-IgnesAndros

Make sure that language is set to INT (Language=INT) in UTEngine.ini in your My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config.

Also check to make sure that the language files are in "Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\INT", and that they are not in another folder within that folder.

You follow?

Comment

They had 7 RC's?
      Somebody needs to learn their release-naming-conventions, Epic.

Comment

LOL I thought the same thing. UT3_RC7. I guess we're playing a RC here, which would explain the lousy menu system.

Comment

checked

I checked both. Both are as they should be. I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

-IgnesAndros

Comment

Problem solved. I wonder what was doing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
              LOL I thought the same thing. UT3_RC7. I guess we're playing a RC here, which would explain the lousy menu system.
              A Release Candidate, as the name says, is something that may end up being the release if no glaring issue is found. So the release itself is also the last release candidate.

They just didn't rename the DVD, it's no big deal. I suppose the RC were sent to midway for final approval and once it was approved, midway directly declared it gold without altering the dvd image to rename it.
              Actually, doing so COULD be a recipe for a minor disaster if someone makes a mistake and rebuild the image from an older version - especially when you're finalizing a game you often end up having a lot of builds of the game lying around (multiplied by the number of different international versions), and you don't want to risk sending the wrong one to manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lulzy View Post
                A Release Candidate, as the name says, is something that may end up being the release if no glaring issue is found. So the release itself is also the last release candidate.

They just didn't rename the DVD, it's no big deal. I suppose the RC were sent to midway for final approval and once it was approved, midway directly declared it gold without altering the dvd image to rename it.
                Actually, doing so COULD be a recipe for a minor disaster if someone makes a mistake and rebuild the image from an older version - especially when you're finalizing a game you often end up having a lot of builds of the game lying around (multiplied by the number of different international versions), and you don't want to risk sending the wrong one to manufacturing.
                Indeed, I know very well what a release candidate is. I merely thought it bad that they didn't rename it. That's all. It's a quality control issue. No more, no less.

Comment

Working...
                X