Some more thoughts and some supreme praise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more thoughts and some supreme praise

OK, I was initially hard on UT3. I stand by my statements that the UT menu is crappy. The menu system feels like a direct console port and the game should never have been released with such an unfinished air to the menus.

I would however like to comment that the level design is by far the best work put out by epic. The maps are very balanced and beautiful all around. Weapons placement is great, etc. The weapons themselves are, IMHO, perfectly balanced (save for maybe a slight tweak/nerf needed on the mini primary). The models are well done. Some of the models look WEIRD. Also some of the voice acting for the taunts and announcements is really good. A HUGE leap forward from the 2k series nastiness.

One more thing...to the person/people who decided to put Deck16 (renamed to just Deck) back in the game.... BLESS YOU BLESS YOU BLESS YOU. It's wonderful. By FAR my favorite map ever in any given iteration of the game. All we had in UT2k3/4 was a few user made versions. It's SO nice to see epic supporting the cries of the users.

Fix that menu and I'll feel much better (add a load of graphical options, etc...) Leave everything else alone.

deck is lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
      UT is crappy.
      ummmmm im telling !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by otsego_amigo View Post
        ummmmm im telling !!!!!!!!!!!
        LOL totally meant to type "UT menu is crappy."

Comment

heh i though you meant 'UI is crappy.'

you're right though, i have few complaints about the game so far. and i also love deck

Comment

Well they seem to be pretty **** sure to tell everyone that the menu is temporary (so why release it imo?) so we should be getting the menu we've all been hoping for soon enough!

Comment

yea i bet they don't change much about it. they will probably add a few graphical options, maybe re-arrange some stuff. but they won't make any fundamental changes.

As for WarTourist's FAQ: Remember when they said the exact same thing about the server browser? "we know the server browser is a problem" ... well what did they change?

1. they corrected a sorting by ping bug(that was probably a very easy fix)
              2. see #1

Comment

Working...
              X