Default key for console is F10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default key for console is F10?

It seems that the default key for bringing up the console is now F10. Does anyone know how to change it back to the "`" key?

I thought that was strange that the default was changed to F10. I haven't tried changing it.

Comment

Yes. They changed it. You can remap it in the ini. They actually spell it out as Tilde. If you use WinMerge to compare the demo file to the retail file, it's very evident.

Comment

I see no sense in that...Unless they're trying to be revolutionary ??

Comment

As already said plenty of times they changed it because "Tilde" changes depending on what keyboard you have, in Britain it was @ which as you might imagine caused problems with registering.

Comment

oh, thanks Krill3.8. Didn't know of that... odd how so many games do just fine though.. :\

Comment

I get the console when I hit tab too, doesn't everyone? It's kind of annoying really as a lot of games use tab to check score.

I actually tried to re-bind tab to score and it wouldn't let me.... anyone know of a way to do this? (sorry for de-rail, this thread is old anyway though

Comment

Must be an inside joke by the epic guys... f10 is the key to immediately quit the game in any Source engine game.

So you have guys who have played source engine games in game asking for the console and people reply w/ f10, and they will deny it...

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  As already said plenty of times they changed it because "Tilde" changes depending on what keyboard you have, in Britain it was @ which as you might imagine caused problems with registering.
                  actuallly tilde is next to @ in the uk it is on this key #~ see. but u could also open console with this key ` next to 1

Comment

On swedish key boards "Tilde" is on the character "Ö"

And for you guys that think Source Engine is doing just fine with the Tilde key.
                    Your very wrong I can't use the console and any source game so I have to open the console on start.
                    and if I close it I will have to restart the game to get it up again......

Comment

Don't worry. Epic will fix it.

Comment

To change the console key, open the UTInput.ini file in your favorite text editor (notepad or whatever) and look for the line 'ConsoleKey=' in the [Engine.Console] section. Change it to: ConsoleKey=Tilde

Done.

Comment

Working...
                        X