Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why oh why did you take out spectator mode Epic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why oh why did you take out spectator mode Epic?

I just have one question: What happened to my favorite game that really was a PC game. I truly am stunned at how much of a console game it has become. And saddened by the loss of the preview modes when you choose weapons or bots to fight against. In UT2K3 and UT2K4 you at least had a pic of the bots so you knew who you were fighting but nothing .... wow that really blew me away.

What happened to my favorite thing of all "Spectate a match". I really enjoyed that feature and it was great for learning a map or a gametype ... I would just let the bots have fun for a while and then play the map myself later. What happened to spectator mode .... please please bring that back.

Anyway like I have said the gameplay is great and the levels are fun and look great but the lack of control for a PC gamer is just killing us. Go back and look at UT2003 and then please bring back that level of control and that UI. The functionality it afforded was really amazing. But yeah I do miss seeing the weapons and the bots. Man I am so torn in half by this game. While I am loading it up I am cursing it and saying how could they leave this out and blah blah blah ... but then once I start playing it I love it and can't stop. Wow no other game makes me feel like I am in relationship like this one ...

maybe because spectators lag servers a little...

Comment

Hogwash, every UT so far except this one has had spec mode maybe the first patch will fix this as it is the best way to get into a server that is full spec and take the first slot when someone quits it is a MUST!

Comment

U can join a server with a spectate command. Can't remember it now but have a look around and you will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
          Just like that myth that one person being a little laggy makes everyone else the same right?

Comment

Your more likely to find lag filled servers than laggy players, as for spectate mode I'm sure we'll see it in a patch or mutator or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
              A spectator will a lag a server far less than an actual player.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowcaster View Post
                Your more likely to find lag filled servers than laggy players, as for spectate mode I'm sure we'll see it in a patch or mutator or both.
                A mutator won't accomplish that, it needs to be done via the UI.

Comment

All I know is they really showed a lack of concern over the community's feelings by stripping down UT this much. I still can't get over the fact that this version for the PC actually went out the doors of Epic in this shape and I was one of the most vocal people against all this complaining I am now doing but I really see what people were so outraged about. I just really thought, was absolutely positive that was just for the beta ... but man nope this is it.

And yet like I say as soon as I start a match my mind goes into one mode only. Kill. and then kill again and again and again. Yeah it really is weird how UT completely mindf*cks me in this manner. Maybe they did it on purpose because all I know is I take all my anger about how jacked up the PC version is out on the bots ... so maybe they know we'll all start off ready to kick *** when the game kicks off anyway. I don't know any other way to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhearted View Post
                    Just like that myth that one person being a little laggy makes everyone else the same right?
                    good point.

Comment

No spectator mode?! What next not showing other players pings?! Oh yeah, they took that out too.... *grumbles*

Comment

spectator mode is still in, u only cant see it in the serverbrowser, u can spec using the console command though. blame the console UI.... god... never knew how important an "okish" user interface is till i played UT3.... god... horrible :S

Comment

I'm sure they will fix with with a patch, they had better it's a very important part of the game.

Comment

The menu was the only thing I didn't like in UT3 (demo). But just one complaint, how are these things related to being a "console game"?

And I'm sick of people blaming consoles for everything! It got a demo for pc, was released on pc, and still doesn't have a release date for ps3! Last I heard they haven't even started making it for 360! Geez, they're porting to ps3, not the other way around! You guys need to consider that more people console game than pc game because of the reliability and controls (And dont say pc is better for controls, cause thats just shooters!). The console has done NOTHING to interfere with UT. I've always preferred it on pc, but nowadays I just can't afford a good pc, and why would I bother when there are ps3s out for as little as $319? keeping in mind that's with 6 bluray movies! The game would be exactly the same as if it was a pc exclusive and you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
                              spectator mode is still in, u only cant see it in the serverbrowser, u can spec using the console command though. blame the console UI.... god... never knew how important an "okish" user interface is till i played UT3.... god... horrible :S

So you are saying I can still set up a bot match and spectate it. Can you tell me exactly what the command would be at the console? Thanks. Still even if this works it is pretty unacceptable.

Edit: It appears I was wrong about the weapon preview ... that is still there but the bot preview ... even a pic is definitely missing. At least they did put in Weapon Priority and show the weapons still ... that is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X